We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
408 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

We are three 58 y.o. ladies who will be traveling to Gatlinburg in mid-October. We have been to the area many times but have always stayed in a secluded cabin high up in the mountains around Sevierville. This time we have the need to be very close to shopping and restaurants (as well as trolley stops!) so we are going to give Gatlinburg a try. I guess what would suit us best would be a condo very near the parkway with a trolley stop VERY close. We need three bedrooms too. Unfortunately, one of us broke a hip in a fall during a heavy snow so the need for the trolley and such is paramount.

Do any of you have any suggestions? Trying to do a search for these requirements is TOUGH!

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,995 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

See if this topic will help you. Sounds likes Carrs Cottages may be the option you need.http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k7328999-What_Type_of_Lodging_in_Gatlinburg_Where-Gatlinburg_Tennessee.html

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

I highly recommend Hidden Mountain the East cabins are in a gated area and is within 1-2 miles from Parkway, but you would never know it. you never hear a sound. The East cabins are just behind the Apple Barn.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

Check out Mountain Vista Luxury Rentals/Baskins Creek Condos. We stayed there this past Christmas and really liked it. Very clean and well maintained and a short 2 block walk to the Parkway. They red trolley stops at the front of the property. Plenty of parking too and easy to get around Gatlinburg by back roads when you need to drive. The 5th floor is the top floor. All of the 5th floor rooms have vaulted ceilings and face the pool, trees and Baskins Creek. You can hear the creek at night even with the windows closed and the heat running.

http://www.mvlr.com/BaskinsCreekInfo.html

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

I concur on Baskins Creek area. There are several condo buildings in that area.

Since the Trolley is the bus line for the 441 corridor, staying in G'burg is a preference not a necessity. In Pigeon Forge there is a condo village below the City Hall about the same distance from the trolley line as the condos mentioned previously. Google G'burg or PF "condos" and they'll pop up.

Given what you've described as your needs, you might want to investigate available 3 bed suites in one of the hotels on the parkway near the cable car instead. I'm thinking price would be comparable and you'd just walk out the front door instead of a two block hike.

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
408 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

Thank you all very much for your help! Such a great group of people here on TA :)

I'm going to start looking at some of these right now!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

Second for Baskin Creek Condos. They are in Gatlinburg only a block or two off the Parkway. They are updated and very clean. I highly recommend.

7. Re: Condos or resort cabins VERY close to the parkway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16