We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good deal on iPods?

Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Good deal on iPods?

We will be in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Severiville area soon and I would like to pick up a new iPod to hide away for my son's Christmas gift. Does anyone know if there are any stores at the outlets that carry them or maybe what the best place in the US is to buy them? Hoping to get a good deal....

I will post in the forums for the other towns too.

TIA

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good deal on iPods?

amazon.com

Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good deal on iPods?

Ok we have amazon in Canada. But the prices are no better. I was thinking more like an outlet or something

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good deal on iPods?

Check with Tanger Outlet in Sevierville.

www.tangeroutlet.com/sevierville/directory

Or The PF factory outlet.

www.pigeonforgefactoryoutlet.com/index.html

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good deal on iPods?

To the best of my knowledge, Apple does not have outlet stores if that is what you are looking for. You may find a refurbished one on their website or on EBAY.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good deal on iPods?

Apple is infamous for their strict pricing maintenance which makes it almost impossible to find any significant discount on their new product at retail. In turn, retail has little incentive to sell Apple product. Those who do might offer no less than just a few dollars off retail price at Apple's online store. A Touch at Target is the same price, a Shuffle a couple of dollars less, a Classic just four dollars less. Best Buy sells at the same price as Apple online. A couple of prices at Amazon actually look higher than Apple's online price. Bottom line, I can't recall ever seeing new stock at any serious discount, nor seeing iPods at any outlet. The margin just isn't there to make it worthwhile to the retailer. And by the way, there is an Apple Store at West Town Mall on the west side of Knoxville.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 15:33
Muncie, IN
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good deal on iPods?

You likely wouldn't save any money on the sticker price as mentioned previously but Tennessee is having their annual tax free weekend beginning on Friday. If you were in the area you could save some money by not paying the sales tax.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good deal on iPods?

That won't include Ipods. It will Ipads or computers less than $1500. It also will on clothes. It must be items that can be used for back to school.

Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good deal on iPods?

Thanks everyone. It was just a thought. I will check out the retail price when there just out of curiosity - I am wondering whether even normal price in the US is any better than Canada.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,575 posts
1,135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good deal on iPods?

<<I am wondering whether even normal price in the US is any better than Canada.>>

Unfortunately, that is something that you will need to research for yourself.

Given the proprietary pricing of Apple products, there will not likely be major differences, beyond an exchange rate, but who knows? There could be a deal lurking, just by crossing into the USA.

Good luck,

Hunt

10. Re: Good deal on iPods?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:15