I just wanted to get the travel experts opinions on my plans. :) We will be arriving in Gatlinburg Friday and staying until the 12th so if I need to make changes it can be done. We were there last August and did all the top tourist attractions so this time I tried to find some off the beaten path so to say things to do as well as some of the things we really enjoyed last year. We will be traveling with our daughters (3 & 10). Do I need to make any changes? Thank you so much for your help!!
Friday & Saturday---drive through park and enjoy the pull offs so the kids can get their feet wet. Go in to Pigeon Forge and ride go carts, play mini-golf, and do the Dixie Stampede Show.
• Upper/Lower Tremont Rd/Spruce Flats Falls
• The Islands
Monday--Family Pics on Roaring Fork Motor Trail then--
• Head towards Cataloochee Valley to see the elks taking our time and sightseeing along the way
• Bryson City, NC---Indian Creek & Tom Branch Falls/Juney Whank Falls
• New Found Gap Overlook/Clingmans Dome if skys are clear
• Laurel Falls/Cades Cove
• Zipline—Wears Valley
• Leave early for Blue Ridge Parkway--stopping at different trails/waterfalls and ending at sliding rock. Head back through Waynesville/Cherokee
• Roaring Fork Motor Trail/Rainbow Falls
Saturday, Sunday, & Monday--Horseback riding at Ponderosa, Alpine Coaster, Gatlinburg Strip, playing in the water, etc...