We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

Wish I was in...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

Where do you go to sign up for a horseback trail ride in Cade's Cove? Should you call ahead for reservations? Is it any fun? Thanks!!!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

We didn't sign up for one when we went, we just showed up and they let us ride, we had a blast.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

When I was there in the beginning of Nov, they had already closed for the season. That was really too bad because the weather was great, very mild and would have been a great ride.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

ditto we was wanting to go there also per BSMITH we was looking foward to it but we went to another one right on the main strip of Pigeon Forge hello its early someone help me out with the name the horses was great it was the first time that I had been on one in 11 years and the guide was really great in helping me out little ol scared me.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

Good Morning peanut. Was it Five Oaks Stables?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,924 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

The horse stable in Cades Cove probably won't be open again until mid March of next year. They close in the winter each year.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

Afternoon Smokies yes it was Five Oaks they were wonderful and the horses looked really fat too.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
626 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

My last trip to the Smokies, I became a lifetime member to the Great Smoky Mountain Association (GSMA). They have started mailing me literature which is such a treat. They mailed me a copy of the Smokies Guide which you can pick up in the National Park. It's the Winder 2006-07 edition. Anyways, they have a small article about the horseback riding and I will post that information for you guys. (It's on page 3 in very right corner of the page)

Horses for Hire

Horseback riding by the hour is generally available in the park from mid-March into November. Please calle the concessions listed below for more information.

Cade's Cove (865) 448-6286

Sugarlands (865) 436-3535

Smokemont (828) 497-2373

Smoky Mtn. (865) 436-5634

Rates average $20 per hour. Weight limits may apply.

I'm sure this is listed somewhere else but for more park information contact (865) 436-1200 or www.nps.gov/grsm

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,924 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

That information is all well and good IF it's the right season.

None of these stables mentioned in the above post are open again until spring. The earliest they open each year is in March and they close down around the 1st of November most years.

You'll find that the Smokies Guide you received has practically the same information inside every quarter with only a few variations from issue to issue (I know...I've been getting them for years as a long time, life-time member of GSMA).

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
626 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

My post states Mid-March to November. Sorry that I bothered to post? Just thought the information may be useful for someone planning future trip. I did become a lifetime member this fall.

10. Re: Horseback riding in Cade's Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2006, 12:37