We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
745 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

Has anyone been to the Ghost Walk Of Gatlinburg? My husband and brother-in -law want to go but are not sure if it is worth the price of $14.00 each.

Please help with Any information on this tour or any one of its type in the area? Any ideas?

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

I did this Walk back around Oct. 25th. We had a pretty large group to tour with being it was close to Halloween. I felt it was a little rushed (tour guide had to do another tour after us). If this is the same walk, they have you meet at a hot dog stand. It was an interesting way to learn a little history of Gatlinburg, but i'm sure alot of the information we were told, I could have found in a library. The walk is about an hour long- I think. You definitely need to bring a camera with you for this walk.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
745 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

Photo,

Thanks for the information.My husband loves history and is interested in gost too so this should be good for him.

3. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2008, 13:38
Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

I haven't been on any of the Ghost Walks. Does any find it suspicious that a poster who only joined TA today would bump up 2 old posts regarding ghost walks and recommend and give a link to another one?

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

I have friends that went on one and said the tour guide walked way to fast, was to busy on cell phone and talking to friends along the way and even left them at one point for a half hour to go in a building to talk to someone.

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

I think the one you're asking about meets in the cemetary. It was very rushed, have to walk very fast and just was not that interesting to me. We ditched half way thru.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

agree!!! They should call it the Ghost Run!!a total waste of time and money.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
694 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

Ditto. The guide we had practically made us run all over Gatlinburg. We have done ghost tours in other cities and loved them, but I would pass on this one. It seems that some people try to make a place haunted when it is not just to earn a few bucks. It is obvious that some of the stories they tell have been embellished way past the point of belief.

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

What I thought was distasteful was the story about the man who was killed in the Space Needle elevator with all the gory details. I don't think that was about ghosts.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg

I hadn't noticed that Lynn. Sounds pretty suspicious to me.