We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,112 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

I've noticed we have several for Gatlinburg's forum, but we have no "Local Experts" for the P.F. forum.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

Kat.....: I would suppose, and it has been my experience, that GB is the major focus for these forums. Personally, I have entered other forums around GB, and have as of yet to get a even one reply to my questions. I imagine there are lots of reasons people in other areas, like PF are not stepping up and volunteering for the expert status, but I think that PF is included in the GB circle and it is almost inclusive. This is my view, but lets see what else surfaces.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

I don't know if anyone becomes a local expert by volunteering.

The staff at Tripadvisor asked if I would be willing to be a local expert based on the number of helpfull posts that I made.

It is possible that nobody is monitoring and answering enough questions for them to select a local expert.

We have been away for a month, had a great trip to Puerto Rico and an 11 day cruise to the southern Carribbean. Its good to be back in Gatlinburg, but I sure miss those 80 degree temps down south!!!

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

Well my vote goes to BSmith or MissCrispy. They are very helpful and just have that great hospitality when answering someone's questions. I trust their opinion 100%..

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

Can members be an expert for only ONE city or town?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,112 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

Yes, members can be experts for only one city.

6. Re: Why Don't We Have Any P.F. Local Experts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 15:18