We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

Which Kilifi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

My husband and i will be travelling next week (yay!) and were wondering what the dress code is in the evening - will i be TOO smart wearing dresses? and my husband shirt and light trousers? we also enjoy sitting on the terrace/balcony of our room in the evening, what's the mosquito situation will we benefit if we bring citronella or a coil to burn?

Also is it possible to sit on the beach at dusk or at least stay there until 5ish? - i know this is prime mosquito time, but occassionally you find a beach you can sit on without getting eaten alive! are there sand fly's?

can you give me an estimate of how much the sunset cruise is please

Many Many Thanks

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

The dress code is very relaxed at the Mnarani light trousers and shirt are fine for men and for the ladies a dress is fine. If not trousers and a top will be alright

The Mnarani is fortunate with its position on top of the cliff which attracts a cool breeze most evenings which keeps the mosquito numbers low and reduces the risk of being bitten. ( never been bitten in 4 stays) Saying that make sure you still take the precautions and the tablets.

"Is it possible to sit on the beach at dusk"

It has a lovely beach bar which remains open until the sun has set where you can enjoy a cool beer as the day comes to an end I cant remember ever coming across a sand fly at the beach

The price for the sunset cruise depends on how many take the trip the more on the trip the better the price.

One other tip is ask for a creek room they are the better rooms with great views across the creek and Indian ocean.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

Are smart shorts acceptable for men to wear at dinner?

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

Yes smart shorts are allowed for dinner

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

Thanks Bruce

5. Re: Dress code & mosquito's mnarani hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kilifi