We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather (wind)

Which Kilifi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
374 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Weather (wind)

I will be in Kilifi in about 3 weeks time and as the second week is mainly all about boat fishing (hence all the questions about ATM's etc) I was just wondering in general what is the wind condition how strong in general is the wind in the second week of feb. I am not really interested knowing how hot it is or very little rain

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
Level Contributor
998 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather (wind)

Typically it is the season of strong northeast trade winds known as "kaskazi". Expect 2-4 metre swells outside the reefs in open waters.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,973 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather (wind)

Steve, fishing off kilifi is not brilliant. We were in Kilifi for 3 weeks over Xmas / New Years, and many boats went out. Very few caught any bill fish. If you can fishing off Watamu is much better, as the banks off Watamu have a lot more of the smaller fish that the bill fish feed on. This is just my two cents worth.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
374 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather (wind)

it is a pity that Watamu a few moths ago before I booked the trip

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather (wind)

Watamu is only approx 40 mins a way by car , I fish with a guy called peter Darnborough, skipper of Alleycat, get in touch with him he should be able to arrange transport for you, I agree the banks is a great place to fish , as well as the rips, Pete has caught two 600lb plus marlin in the last few weeks , if you google his name you will find his website, I wont post it direct in the forum as it could be seen as promoting him but I will send it to you by PM if you require it, tight lines my friend

Cardiff
Level Contributor
374 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather (wind)

I actually leave on 3rd feb so every thing is booked for this year. It may be worth looking at it again in 2-3 years if I am still here

6. Re: Weather (wind)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kilifi