We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mnarani

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mnarani

Hey guys were going to the Mnarani hotel for our honeymoon on the 5th of may 2014, and were just wondering if i could ask a few questions.......

no.1 Would it be easier to take US dollars for the visa and exit tax or pounds sterling. What with the pound being slightly stronger now.

no2. We were told not to book any safaris through thomson and instead book through juwamu tours across from the hotel....has anybody had any experiance with them and if so are they any good....are they reasonably priced. we only want a one or two day safari.

no3. Were taking malarone, a portable battery operated anti mosquito unit, and boots 50% deet spray, will this be enough to keep the mossies away.

no4. Best place to exchange pounds to schillings over there.

no5. What would you guys say is a reasonable tip for guys at the hotel, and how frequent should you give, i'm not sure of the value of the schilling, and i really dont want to offend anybody.

no6. What kind of adapter will i need for electrical items.

Thankyou so much for your help guys, i appreciate it.

lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mnarani

Hi

Recently stayed at Mnarani for 3 weeks. A mosquito net is fitted over your bed and the the room sprayed every late afternoon. I usually get eaten alive but had only 2 bites and didn't once see a Mozzy in the room.

Changed sterling to shillings at hotel reception and got a good rate.

Booked a 2 day safari with James across the road and it was excellent. Tsavo East and West and stayed at Sarova .

Enjoy and wait till you see the view from the pool!!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,819 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mnarani

Bruce,

For future reference did you actually pay £25 departure tax?

They had been charging £30 for a long time because $40 was over £25, it has only recently dropped below £25 have they adjusted the charge to reflect the new rate?

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mnarani

Paul,

Last May I handed over £30 each for the entry visa and they were charging 2,200 shillings each for the departure tax

14. Re: Mnarani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2015, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Kilifi