We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming from myrtle beach to charlottesville, va

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
coming from myrtle beach to charlottesville, va

would greensboro be a reasonable stopover? We are heading back to New Jersey and want to avoid I-95 as much as possible in the bad areas. I would like to go back to Charlottesville, va but not sure if it would be a good idea to stopover in Greensboro or could we make it in one shot.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming from myrtle beach to charlottesville, va

It's about 180 miles and about 3 hours from Greensboro to Charlottesville.

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
500 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coming from myrtle beach to charlottesville, va

Just a little tid bit about that trip. I'm sure you will be traveling on Route 29 from Greensboro to Charlottesville but be aware that it's 55 mph the majority of the way except for a couple stretches of 60 or 65 in NC and also around Lynchburg. You will also have to go through a couple of smaller towns which have stop lights on 29 which can be a hastle if you are just trying to go straight there. That's why it will take you at least 3 hours for this trip. If time is an issue you might just want to stick with the interstate.

Lewisville, North...
Level Contributor
271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming from myrtle beach to charlottesville, va

Greensboro is definitely a reasonable stopover. I guess it's about halfway between Myrtle Beach and Charlottesville. In all honesty, you could probably make the trip in one shot, but if you have kids that may be difficult.

My father lives in Easton, PA and takes 81 through Virginia to get where I live near Winston-Salem. I know 81 may be a little out of your way, but it might be worth it for an easier drive.

4. Re: coming from myrtle beach to charlottesville, va

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 17:16