We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

Which Greensboro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

'Travelling to Greensboro (on a Sunday). Any ideas for a good lunch place, besides chain restaurants (obviously)? 'Want quality food, can be ethnic. THANKS!

greensboro, nc
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

i eat at pho hien voung at least once every week...it's fantastic. saigon is also very good and a little more upscale as far as the menu goes, though the location is not so much.

NC
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

Saigon and Taste of Vietnam are great though I like Saigon better. Ly's is good for Pho but I have not been impressed with the rest of their menu. I have not eaten at the other restaurants mentioned.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

I've returned and didn't have a chance to enjoy Vietnamese cuisine.

I did have a nice breakfast as The Grateful Bread Bakery on Main St. in High Point and a late night dinner at the Carolina Diner close to I-85 interchange in High Point. Both were good.

I also ate at Smokey Joe's BBQ in Lexington. Enjoyed it alot. And BBQ Hut in Marion near the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

GSO
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

saigon - is consistently good although it has more French fusion than tradtional vietnamese food. Pho Hein Vong and Bin Minh are best for Pho in Greensboro.

Although, if you want the most authentic vietnamese food - there is a new place on high point road where the old carvel used to be.... (must know your Vietnamese cuisine if u go there since no one speaks english............food is excellent).

East Coast
Level Contributor
473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

I must have come from an abnormal family. We always went out to eat at a Fish House for lunch after church. I think my dad was trying to give my mom a break from cooking.

Greensboro, NC
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

Well actually brunch is REALLY big here. I worked at Green Valley Grill for a brief stint and that was the only lunch shift that I would make any money. Make reservations for brunch. If you just want lunch on a weekday, it's usually slower and you can get right in. Lunch entrees around $12.

If you want to hit the bar scene, Fishbones on the corner of Walker and Elam has some great lunch plates!

In high point, I would highly recommend Capra's Deli off 68, right next to Panera. This is a true, authentic Italian deli. Order the meatball sub or the toasted italian hero... can't go wrong!

Not as sure about fine dining in High point, good luck.

17. Re: Lunch in Greensboro or High Point-area, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 07:17