We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skybus experience?

Which Greensboro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
Level Contributor
170 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Skybus experience?

I have a trip booked soon......any experience with this airline? THanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Skybus experience?

small airport in boston / portsmouth nh.... no restaurants or anything else..we departed 3 hrs late..bad night!

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skybus experience?

I have flown Skybus round trip from Greensboro to Columbus with no problems, as have my parents. Great airline, lives up to what you pay for.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skybus experience?

New clean planes. Sometimes late, but with non-stop service still beats the competition.

Midwest
Level Contributor
170 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skybus experience?

My Skybus experience was good! Flights were ontime, and no problems. New planes, nonstop flight, no passing of the "trinket trolley" as the flight was only an hour................ :-) I will definately fly with them again. With Greensboro being named a second "hub", I hope there will be more flights in the near future!

Lacey, Washington
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
630 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skybus experience?

Flying out of Greensboro to Punta Gorda later this month, driving in from Charlotte/Greensboro.

If you are not checking a bag can you just print your boarding pass at home and go through security? I'm a little confused if you have to re-check in 90 minutes before the flight. Just want to confirm.

Thanks all!

Camden, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skybus experience?

I flew roundtrip with Skybus for the first time this week. We had to check bags, but if not--so long as you check in online and print out your boarding pass, you can go right through security.

We had a great experience (St. Augustine to Greensboro and back) and will be flying Skybus again.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skybus experience?

If we schedule an early or late flight where does anyone recommend spending the night that is clean and safe. And while we're at it, in case both ways are red eyes and we don't feel like driving home the night we arrive, do you like to park at the hotel or airport?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skybus experience?

Will be flying this weekend, will try to remember to post my thoughts...I did get a great price.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skybus experience?

For explorer3...

The Marriott Hotel is right at the airport, though you still take a short van ride to get there. There are AAA rates of only $99/night there, and this is a decent hotel, though there is nothing else around it.

I would also consider the airport Hampton Inn which is very close and has van service. I tend to be partial to Hampton Inns no matter where I go -- If something is wrong, they will refund your money!

Both of these hotels are safe places to stay.

greensboro
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skybus experience?

Flying out tomorrow for NY. Will definitely let you guys know how things go with Skybus