We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Hotel on way to Atlantic Beach

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Hotel on way to Atlantic Beach

My family of four will be traveling from Ohio to Atlantic Beach, NC on 8/2. I've been looking for a hotel convenient to the interstate in a safe area at a reasonable cost. We'll be driving our truck with two light-weight kayaks in the back. I found the Drury Inn & Suites here on the forum.

I booked a night at Drury Inn & Suites (Ranked 7th of 69 on TA) as they have a pool and a nice breakfast too which will be great when there's four of us.

Now that I've finished reading through all twenty-four reviews on Drury Inn & Suites - I'm questioning the crime in that area which several reviews mention.

How concern should I be with the comments of "don't leave anything valuable in the car." which are mentioned in older reviews? Do I need to worry about the kayaks being missing the next morning?

Thanks for your help.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Hotel on way to Atlantic Beach

We live in Greensboro, and yes, there is a problem with crime in the area around the Drury Inn. I would consider one of the hotels near Wendover Avenue and I-40, or near the GSO airport off I-40 and Route 68. The Fairfield Inn and Suites on Big Tree Way (close to I40/Wendover) or the Hilton Garden Inn at the same location would be very nice and should be reasonably priced. Also, Hyatt Place should be a reasonable choice.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Hotel on way to Atlantic Beach

Thanks for the info. I cancelled with Drury and booked a room in Raleigh, NC

3. Re: Overnight Hotel on way to Atlantic Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 06:18