We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

Hello - I'm planning a trip to the Greensboro area and I'm interested in staying at the Spring Hill Suites on Landmark Centre Blvd. The hotel looks great online - however I'm having a hard time finding any reviews about it. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out. Is it a newer property? Is it clean and well maintained? Is it in a "safe" neighbourhood? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

Greensboro NC
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

I'd stay at the Marriott downtown.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

The Marriott Downtown has bad reviews on this site which is why I wasn't considering it. Are Spring Hill Suites "worse" or has the Marriott just been unfairly rated?

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

Barbie ~

It's definitely in a safe neighborhood - it's off of Wendover at I-40. There are tons of restaurants in the area and also other lodging choices. There's an Amerisutes and several others.

I work downtown (where the Marriott is located) and I would rather stay near the Wendover corridor than downtown.

As a matter of fact, before I moved to Greensboro I lived in Raleigh. When I traveled to Gso for business I always stayed at the Amerisuites.

Good Luck.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

The Embassy suites by the airport is very nice. What is the purpose of your trip?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

Thank you both GSOChick and AstridWilson for your help. We are going to the spring NASCAR race in Martinsville VA. Even though the race is still 5 months away this should have been planned a couple months ago. All hotels closer to Martinsville are either booked or close to $300 a night which I really don't want to pay. My husband's friend suggested we stay in Greensboro since it is a little closer to Martinsville than Roanoke VA (other choice) so that is where I'm looking. Since we don't go to the US that often we plan on staying a few extra days to go shopping and eat at some restaurants that we don't have here in Canada. We are travelling with 2 kids so staying in a suite is a must.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

Martinsville to Greensboro is about an hours drive, 48 miles and Roanoke is about 51 miles. So this is up to you where you want to stay. There is an Amerisuites in Roanoke and a Country Inn & Suites. Do a search on this web page for Roanoke and you can see reviews and pricing on those hotels. There are other suites in Greensboro also. The Home wood suites are owned by embassy suites and are usually cheaper. I have kids (older) and love Homewood suites as they have a full fridge which allows you to buy groceries for drinks, snacks and lunch to save money.

7. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 16:08
Raleigh, North...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Hill Suites in Greensboro

The only place to stay in Greensboro is The O.Henry Hotel - it's fabulous! Very friendly staff, spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, super comfortable beds, elegant lobby/sitting area for afternoon tea, great Southern buffet style breakfast served in the atrium. Owned by the Lucky 32 restaurant group, it's a topnotch "boutique hotel" with a marvellous restaurant attached, The Green Valley Grill. Good area of town (Wendover Rd.) and close to shopping mall and "Replacements" - you must go there! Definitely worth the extra dollars - life is short, live well!