We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

Hi we will be visiting Greensboro in late June for a convention and were wondering if we can find any souvenirs or gifts in this city. Things like shirts, shot glasses, magnets, typical touristy stuff. Also are there any museum that would sell these things.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

I remember seeing a shop in the airport with lots of Greensboro souvenirs. Also, the Historical Museum has some in stock. Have a good trip!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

Do you like grasshoppers?

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

The Natural Science Center is an option if you're interested in visiting a museum.

Several months back I visited NSC for the Titanic exhibit, which was fantastic. They gave all visitors a "boarding pass" upon entering the exhibit and you found out if you survived the sinking at the end of the tour. I survived as a 3rd class passenger-which surprised the heck out of me, since when I initially got my "ticket" I saw "3rd class" and said to myself, oh great, just my luck, I'm toast. Half my group didn't make it, which wasn't surprising-we were all just wondering which of us the reaper was going to visit as we toured the exhibit.

Unfortunately the Titanic exhibit ended in January, but the NSC is still pretty neat. They have quite a few live wild animals on display there-kangaroos, wallabies, lions, wolves, monkeys, etc., and they've done a decent job of providing a nice habitat for them (i.e., not just a concrete cage). They also have some good indoor exhibits.

The NSC has a gift shop but I didn't spend any time in there. I think most of their souvenirs and whatnot would be museum-related, but they may have a few city ones as well.

Another option for gifts might be the UNC-G campus store, which should have plenty of UNC-G paraphernalia.

Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

Before you leave the airport, do check out the airport store. It is across (but I think down the hall a little) from the bathrooms outside of the secure area. You may find your best selection of "Greensboro" knickknacks there. It's a good place to start. You can always wait until you are ready to leave Greensboro to actually purchase items there.

5. Re: Greensboro/North Carolina souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:26