We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls U-16 soccer team

Which Greensboro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls U-16 soccer team

Where do you suggest is a nice safe place to stay with restaurant and bar/lounge

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

I'm guessing that you're in the group playing out at Bryan Park at the end of July? The Greensboro area is pretty spread out, so it matters where you're playing. Bryan Park is on the northeast corner of Greensboro near highway 29. The website for the event says that you have to use the hotels they pick, and then they say that their list isn't available yet! I assume that they'll pick only good safe hotels.

That being said, there isn't a whole lot over on that side of town. The decent hotels are in the center and west (airport area) areas -- I'm sure the tournament will use those.

Best of luck to your teams!

When you get your list from the tournament, post again with the choices and we can tell you which ones have restaurants/bars.

nj
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

thanks for the info. I'll check back when they post the list!!

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

Hey, I'm heading to Greensboro with a Girls U16 soccer team as well!

Any updates? We haven't been given any hotel info yet....getting concerned!

You mentioned the nicer hotels were closer to the center of town...about how far (either driving time or distance) is the center of town from this area near Bryan Park?

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

There are a number of good hotels in the High Point Road area and the Wendover Avenue area. For example, from Four Seasons Sheraton on High Point Road, it's 15 miles, around 20 minutes. From the Holiday Inn Express near Wendover Avenue, it's about the same. The closest hotels I can think of that might be decent (though I've never been in either) are the Holiday Inn Express at Lee Street & I-40 (10 miles, 15 minutes) or the Downtown Marriott (8.5 miles, 15 minutes). The closest motels to Bryan Park (Star Motel & Rainbow Motel, 2 miles away) look like scary by-the-hour type places.

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

thanks, dsb! Appeciate your insight!

San Diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

dsb, my team mother asked me to see what you thought of Ramada Inn in Burlington, and about how far that might be from Bryan Field.?

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

I've never stayed at the Ramada in Burlington, but it's visible from the highway and looks to be a decent place. The only reviews on this site mention concerns about staff, cleanliness and being run-down looking. The reviews are over a year old, though, so you never know. That Ramada is 26 miles from the soccer fields.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

We are looking at the Fairfield Inn in Greensboro or the Courtyard in High Point, which would you suggest? We have the BU18, but mostly nterested in a clean hotel in a good location.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

Both should be decent. You'll find more to do in Greensboro, in general.

Here are driving distances to Bryan Park:

Fairfield Inn Greensboro is near the airport, and is 22 miles away from the soccer complex.

Courtyard Inn High Point is a good distance south of the airport and 30 miles away from the soccer complex

San Diego
Level Contributor
2 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls U-16 soccer team

Thank you very much! If any one out there needs rooms go directly to the 800 numbers I was told at three properties that they were booked and then was able to get 12+ rooms at 3 differrent ones!!