We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Earth Camping safari my experience

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
Good Earth Camping safari my experience

I just returned from a week Camping Safari, visiting

Tarangire, Ngorongoro, and Sarengeti.

I have a great base to compare this Tour operator. If you can read my bad experience I had with African Sermon Safari it was the opposite to my experience with Good EArth.

I had done a lot of research before booking the safari with them. I encountered a lot of obstacles because I was an endangered specie, ie., "a solo traveler yike".

All the TO tried to push me a "private tour". Good Earth on the other had didn't promise they would find another person to share the trip, but told me that I'd not be penalized if they didn't.

Well, let me tell you after my bad experience in Kenya it was a great experience going on a safari with GE as a solo traveler.

They had a great vehicle with all the small details, a guide that knew his stuff. They provide bean bags, the guide carried several Guide books to ID the animals, and he knew most of the animals.

They also had a couple of binoculars on board. Unlike my safari in Kenya the driver didn't say a word about any information on any of the animals, and nothing else was provided.

There was a cook and a guide. Every day I had my breakfast, and dinner cooked, and a couple of times we went back to camp for lunch.

I also got a great chance to see how other TO operate. One nigh while having dinner in Sarengeti at the campsite, there was only one light bulb for the entire dinning area. My guide had a lantern placed at our table.

We noticed that there was a big group from Bobby Tours at least 30 people. My guide pointed out to their guide that they had no lantern at their table. He asked their guide how come he was not providing any lantern, The guide shrugged his shoulder and laughed.

Boy I'm glad I got rejected by Bobby Tours because I was a single traveler.

The guide pitched my tent at every campsite. You would not go wrong traveling with GE

Arizona
Level Contributor
184 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good Earth Camping safari my experience

I did a trip with Good Earth in February, here is the link to my trip report:

tripadvisor.com/…47711700

12. Re: Good Earth Camping safari my experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 13:15