We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more question about Boundary Hill

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15,594 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One more question about Boundary Hill

(and other "cliffside" accommodations)

I'm liking the isolation and size, but he's thinking about the animals.

From looking at BH's position on the escarpment, Mr S wonders if you lose the reality of the animals all around you? At a place on flatter ground, like TSL, would we see more wild things wandering close by? And isn't that the experience we all want?

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more question about Boundary Hill

Sorry I haven't stayed at BH so can't comment. Certainly at TSL we had animals wandering through the camp, elephants, impala, zebra, warthogs, waterbuck, dik dik. Great photo opportunities. Also great views of animals out across the NP. Lovely pictures of the sunrise too.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more question about Boundary Hill

Me neither. TSL is also semi 'cliffside' as it overlooks the river but Wildlife does enter camp too as it is not fenced. Lion and Leopard too. My last trip I had to be late for Dinner as two Lions were mating on my doorstep. I was hungry and not into voyeurism but I had to leave them to get on with it.

Having said that BH does not have fences either so maybe folks who have stayed there could chip in with their sitings?

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
976 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more question about Boundary Hill

When we were there in 2009 there was nothing wandering through camp except our family and the people that worked there. The experience was more about looking out over the valley and seeing animals beneath you. Once it got dark you could see where people had fires across the valley and you could hear cattle. I have not stayed at TSL but I think most of their accommodations are tents where you might be able to hear when things wander through at night verses BH which is bungalows.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,206 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more question about Boundary Hill

When you say cliffside, BH is really cliffside. On the top of a hill with the rooms perched on the edges. It is small, so the animals move a little away from it, but there are klipspringers...little antelope guys who like the hill top. elephants migrate below, birds abound and where else do you have such a loo with a view?

On the access road, there is a built up reception room, much like it was carved out of rock. This would keep bigger animals out. However, when on my walk, I suddenly had to young men holding my hand and running with me through the long grasses. No tip top through the tulips of flower child activities. We were getting down wind from the bull elephant who was about 50 metres away.

So there are animals around but the camps are designed quite differently. BH deliberately to make less impact on the environment including the animals.

5. Re: One more question about Boundary Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 15:16