We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

I may have this wrong but I seem to remember way back that there was a post by someone who indicated or recommended specific tents at TSL. I looked for it but can't find it so not sure if I'm mixing the lodge up with perhaps another.

Does anyone recall the post or the best tents in TSL?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

15-19 are on the way out to 22. They are all good as they look down on the river below the cliff.

Not certain how the >28 are numbered.

One thing you can be certain of is that your down time in TSL won't be boring. Just keep looking.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 21:40
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

I stayed in the end tent overlooking the river, I think #22, but that was before the spa opened I guess. I loved the location but now not sure if spa traffic would lessen its idyllic location.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 11:35
South Riding VA
Level Contributor
619 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

Tigerbeth, Are you back?

can't wait to read of your experiences.

chris

Arusha, Tanzania
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

Tent 22 is usually requested as it is a bit further away from the other tents and has the best view of the river. There is a massage room past tent 22 about 60m, but is unseen from the tent. Its also not too busy so foot traffic is quite minimal. Otherwise tent 17 is popular as well as 27.

State College, Pa
Level Contributor
772 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

Since most of the time the massage room would be open and active would be during the day when most of us would be out and abound, I would still enjoy staying in #22. We enjoyed staying there at least for three safaris and wildlife encountered around us was mostly at night, early morning and evening. And during last visit when most of us were departing tents for am game drives the small family group of elephants could have cared less as to noise and movement. For bird lovers even mid-day was a great time with various species on the ground, in the bush and trees right at the tent despite staff cleaning and the like.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
644 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

Do you request a particular tent number or area prior to your safari through your TO? Do you request it when you check in, or can I request it via email myself to the lodge? I checked the website and there are no vacant tents the first night we are there and only 3 vacant tents left the second night. We'd really like to overlook the river.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

In my case I asked my tour operator (Roys) to reserve #15. At the time no tents were available for the first of two nights but Roys advised me to hold tight. Eventually a tent came available for the first night and I did get #15 for both nights.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

One thing to note is that not all the tents are shaded. We had a bit of a mix up and were initially assigned a bungalow, so when we requested a tent on arrival there were not that many to choose from. However we were lucky to be able to get #28 which was directly under a large baobab tree and so stayed nice and cool all day long!

Mauritius
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

Hi DanielBMe,

Tent 22 is the most requested room. It is the furthest away from the lodge and has more privacy (further apart from the other rooms). Yes there is a massage banda now, but most guests have massages mid morning/late afternoon (when most other guests are out on safari), so you would not witness much foot traffic. The room with the best view is tent 5, but it is closer to the main lodge.

Aruba
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge Question

We were in 19 about three weeks ago (sigh...). Great views, we were happy with it. Didn't look like there was a lot of traffic to the massage hut so I'd say 22 would be great. And there was one under a huge baobab, if I remember well it was 17.

As an aside, we were shown a little owl that lives in the rafters of the porch of one of the tents on the other side, that would be pretty cool! :-)