We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Visit to Tarangire

washington dc
Level Contributor
249 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
My Visit to Tarangire

Went on safari in Tarangire in Sept2013. This was one of 4 areas that we visited on our trip. Although we did enjoy this park (and especially our camp) it was not as 'exciting' as the other 3 areas we eventually visited.

This is a beautiful, peaceful location packed full of elephants with beautiful marshy areas unlike any place else we witnessed. The Tse Tse files were not as bad as reported (for us anyway). If I was forced to pick one area only for safari in Tanzania I would not pick this park BUT if able to make multiple stops then its something that I would add.

Its a good place to start instead of end your journey in Africa.

Read more details here on my trip.

carryingonbags.com/tarangire-national-park-t…

Bay Area
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

phoenix,

Thank you for the great info on Tarangire. Loved the pictures. What was the favorite area that you visited on your trip?

washington dc
Level Contributor
249 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

Thanks for the feedback. Northern Serengeti and southern Maasa Mara almost a tie. I think Serengeti

Bay Area
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

Thanks for the quick answer. We are looking ahead to 2015, and thinking of doing a similar trip (minus the Masai Mara, but plus the gorillas in Rwanda). Would love to hear about your experiences in the Ngorngoro Crater and in the northern Serengtti in particular!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

Phoenix..nice blog..plenty of elephants. Interesting where you can see the where the fire has come up to the road.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
864 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

Phoenix enjoyed the pics and videos very much. Looking forwards to hearing your impressions of northern Serengeti. We will be going there for the second time in 2014.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,827 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the rest of it.

7. Re: My Visit to Tarangire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 15:15