We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Kampot?

Which Kampot hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa City, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay in Kampot?

I am looking to stay in Kampot, just coming from Phnom Penh, can anyone recommend a good guesthouse or hostel to stay in with decent facilities, a pool and where I would be able to meet other people? Is Kampot worth going to?

Thanks,

Doug

Edited: 10 May 2014, 20:07
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

I think it's worth going to lovely laid back town, it sounds liKe Bodhi Villa will suit you, it's on the River, no GH's have pools in Kampot. The Bodhi has a great platform ver the river to swim off. We always stay at the Rikitikitavi bit have been known to pop over there for a sit on the platform and a drink or two!

Blissful guesthouse also has a great reputation, check out www.canbypublications.com for other options. There are plenty more if these don't suit, all depends on how much you want to spend!

2. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 13:53
Edited: 10 June 2014, 13:53
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

It certainly looks good that Mad Monkey place! It will be popular with a pool!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,326 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

All due respects Ann. I know you love Kampot, but what do you actually DO there? We visited for a few days last trip, had a trip to Bokor, off to see the pepper growing then sat around and sat around some more. I think it would have been more interesting watching the laundry dry.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

We hire push bikes and head off across the river exploring, or hire moto's and tide all over the place, we have found so e amazing places to chill out and enjoy. Love the trip out to the pepper farms, the River has so many things going for it, paddle boarding, kayaking, a day trip on a boat, we've been out to the Gulf on a few trips for fishing, and from Kampot to Rabbit Island. We are very fortunate after many trips that we have lovely people to visit and spend time with. We have also used a friends car to go a bit further with exploring! Daily trips to the market for an early coffee! We simply just potter about, we don't need a lot to do when on holidays, a nice change from our busy, hectic lives here.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,326 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

Thanks for the response Ann. It's a shame that I can't ride a bike. Get on one side and fall off the other. The same with camels. Can't ride them either.

I can understand where you're coming from now that you've explained that you like to have a bit of a veg. It must be something in my genes that I have ants in my pants and just love to be on the go exploring new places everywhere I go, so the veg out scene doesn't suit me as it does you. The thought of sitting by a pool or on a beach all day sends me into a cold sweat. Anyway sitting on a beach you get sand in your knickers which would never do.

I usually need a holiday when we come back from holiday so sneakily arrange that I go back to work on a Thursday so there are only two days until the weekend at which time I can thoroughly veg.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 11:11
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

Travelkat l totally get where you are coming from too and that's is why some places suit some and others don't. I'm not a sit by the pool type girl that's why l ride the bike!! And am fortunate that hubby is experienced motobike rider and we are covered by insurances but If hubby wants to chill even more than me (Very normal) l can pop on my bike, head to market for a coffee, or some of my fav places for a juice, or off to someones for a chat! Or just to explore and take my photos. I'm very happy in my own space!!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,326 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

You're absolutely right Ann. Thank goodness we don't all like the same things. It would never do as some places would be bursting at the seams and others would be ghost towns.

Lucky you for being able to ride a bike. How are you on camels?

9. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 13:53
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Kampot?

travelcat I had to laugh- I hope the camels do not fall over sideways as the bike might if you fall straight off it.!

I am currently trying to decide if I will spend 4 nights in Kampot or 4 nights in Kep this September. I could do 2 nights in each but am deliberately avoiding moving every 2 nights. Decisions, decisions.