We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allepey Houseboat Tariff

Which Alappuzha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Allepey Houseboat Tariff

I want to book a house boat in Allepey for 1 night for 2 people. I am planning to visit in the 1st week of September.

1)What would be the approximate cost for that??

2)And also send me the web links for the Houseboat operators in Allepey.

3)What is the procedure of booking a Houseboat??

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

Hello friend,

There are many that goes to all these pages and makes decision based on the reviews

similarly there are a good number of them ,who just comes and make one thread here and look for suggestions from fellow forum members

so in addition to suggesting them to look for reviews here and things to do section , the list of other operators ( who haven't been reviewed here yet) wouldn't harm them ( the traveler's coming here on TA), i assume ?!

12. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2016, 07:32
13. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2012, 11:05
Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

Dear Riya ,

"You don't need to book your houseboat in advance. There are plenty to go around, so you can head down to the jetty, inspect the boats there, pick one and negotiate the best price. "

there is a debate about this thought , quite usual here on the forum.

In my opinion , it is very difficult to actually to meet a houseboat person directly and negotiate , especially in tour season. there are a large number of touts on the street there and it makes things really really difficult

there is a DTPC counter ,a government initiative , where you can book your boat from the pre-paid counter . even reaching here is a tough job

check some earlier thread here on the same topic

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297631-i5501-k543…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g608471-i12586-k50…

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

Dear Riya,

there was an article recently in the newspaper about the issue

thehindu.com/todays-paper/…article3565060.ece

Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

hi,

The same topic discussed in the forum tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g608471-i12586-k502…

Thanks ,

Binu Joseph , Kerala Canoe Tourism , Alappuzha

Edited: 04 July 2012, 11:28
Chennai (Madras...
8 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

Hi All,

After gazing around internet for quite few days i found this thread, which i consider to be the best place to pour in my queries.

We(8 Pax) from chennai have planned to visit Alleppey/Kumarakom in month of Nov and we are totally new to this place and i enquired with various tour agents online and now i am left with bag of different prices and views. bit Stumped. can someone suggest approx price for a day's stay in quality house boat with quality food and max travel through waters.

Ganesh.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

It could be in the range of INR 10000-12000/- from 11 AM to 5 PM

Chennai (Madras...
8 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

Neenu,

Thanks for the reply.

What would it cost me if i have to stay overnight, and i also heard general check in and out time will be 12noon to next day 9 A.m.

also guide us through Morot boat/Shikara boat.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Allepey Houseboat Tariff

a four bedroom boat would cost approx INR 18000-20000/- for overnight stay and cruise

yes !

the check-in time is 12 noon and check out time 9 AM the next day

shikkara would cost INR 500 per hour and motor boat INR 400 per hour for the boat