We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

Which Alappuzha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

Hi,

Can you please help me with the drivigng time between these 2 locations? Is it good idea to plan 1 day return trips from alleppey to both these locations?

[1] alleppey to Kanyakumari &

[2] alleppey to Periyar

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

It is approximately 6 Hrs drive from Alleppey to Kanyakumari and approximately

4 & 1/2 Hrs drive to Periyar.

Considering the travel time it is not worth doing both these as day trip. I would suggest one night stay at both these places if you have time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

Thanks. I will plan accordingly.

Couple of more question that I have is : What to choose between Kanyakumari / Kovalam area & Munnar? Is November /December a best time to Visit Munnar or its Apr-May? Thanks for your help.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

Kanyakumari and Kovalam are way too different. Kanyakumari is more of a tourist centre where the sun rise/set are the most important things whereas Kovalam is a fully matured beach location. While I would personally not plan both the trips as driving times are very long, you may consider Periyar atleast and not Kanyakumari. My personal experience with my recent trip to Kanyakumari, Kovalam and Thekkady is that, though the distances seem too less, the actual drive time is very high in Kerala due to narrow roads and heavy traffic. Best time, depends on what your preferences are. If you like some drizzles, chill air, mist, a fresh smell then Nov/Dec would be ideal. But if you are looking for some sun, then Apr-May would have that.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

Thanks for your help. So it helped me to exclude kanyakumari from this trip. Thnx

5. Re: alleppey to Kanyakumari & alleppey to Periyar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 10:15