We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

Mumbai
4 posts
Save Topic
Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

Dear All Experts / Local / Travellers,

I am planning to hire houseboat from AMRUTHAM HOLIDAYS for 2 Night on my honeymoon trip to for which they are charging as follows:

1. A/c Deluxe Rs. 15000.00

2. A/c Super Deluxe Rs. 17000.00

3. A/c Premium Rs. 21000.00

The plan includes all meals with extra Rs. 1000 for flower bed, candlelight arrangements and spl cake.

Pls let me know if the rates are reasonable and do they have well maintained, clean houseboats, good food with Good services.

Or pls suggest me some good Houseboat options with reasonable rates and best facilities.

I dont want to end up my trip with fustration after spending whooping amount to such tour operators if i m not satisfied with their services.

I am also thinking about AQUA MELODAY HOUSEBOAT also.

You can also share your past experience with AMRUTHAN HOLIDAYS.

Awaiting your earliest reply.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 11:11
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
327 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

Hi Nitin ,

To my knowledge rate above mentioned is reasonable . I hope rate above mentioned is for 02 nights . :)

Also make sure which route houseboat will be cruising for 02 nights , dont go for same route 02 nights , ask for houseboat photos which will help to decide which category you should choose .

Regards

Peter

mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

it is very costly my advice 2 u dont go now u wont be enjoying bcus of crowd or go in monthof feb go there n see n hire

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

The rate seems to be Ok for the current time

I dont have any idea about their boats , but you could ask for some pictures as suggested above

I would also suggest to make it 1 night on houseboat and may be another night at Kumarakom lakeside resort

Mumbai
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

thx for your valueable time and suggestion.

I am going there by 26th Feb-2013.

Pls advise

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

both the houseboat operators you mentioned are reviewed here . Hope you checked it :)

Bengaluru, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

I hope this is the best rate for 2 night plan. Even we checked with some other Houseboat owners- ATDC, Indraprastham, Rainbow, Pulikattil, etc. Rates are comparatively more..I checked with my friends who travelled with Amrutham and got good feedback..

Ahmedabad, Gujarat...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

I m going with desire cruises for one night in December month is it worth while going with them as they have shown me pics ,they were good ,so I confirmed and paid.

Pls guide me , are they good service provider what else I can request them to provide on board as it's my honeymoon stay at their houseboat for one night. as well as what all documents should I ask them now for assuring and confirming my trip on the same boat as they sent me the pics. They have just sent me a confirmation voucher on mail only , no hard copy is it ok.

8. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey (KERALA)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:17