We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

Hi,

We are a group of 15 Adults & 4 Kids (including 1 infant (9 months), we are staying in Munnar for 2 nights & planning to take house boat either for a day trip or 1 night. I did take houseboat cruise (honeymoon trip) in the past during september, weather was okay at that time., I would like to know how the weather would be during May while cruising in backwaters? Will it be hot, can we sit outside the boat and have fun?

Also I would like to know if it is ideal to book the houseboat in advance? as we may need 2 houseboats which has 4 bedroom's. Its costing around 18K per night for a houseboat with 4 bedroom., for a total of 36K...so I am also considering day cruise for 6 - 8 hours, if the price is right.

If the weather is not pleasant for cruise, then I might as well stay in Munnar for one more night.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

May will be hot. Still, I think it would be fun sailing. Maybe a few bottles of beer would keep you cool.

It's always better to book the boats in advance so that there are no uncertainties.

I think 4 bedrooms for Rs.18 K is ok.

You can try the following links for online booking and more information:

http://indigenoustour.com/house-boats

thehouseboatskerala.com/HouseboatCruiseRates…

www.alleppeyhouseboat.org/boking/booking.html

http://www.beautifulalleppey.com/

http://www.alappuzhahouseboatskerala.com/

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

Hi realistiraj

may will be peak summer and will be hot.but it will not spoil your houseboat trip and you can proceed with it.

In alapuzha even 8 bed room houseboats are available and if you prefer,you may even book that one.its advisable to book in advance since you are looking for bigger ones.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

Hi Realistiraj,

There are also 4-5 hours exclusive houseboat day cruises (say,12 p.m. to 4 pm) available in Alleppey/Kumarakom with welcome drink, lunch( Non- Vegetarian/ Vegetarian) and tea/snacks in the evening on board.

The cruise can be arranged exclusively for your group. Houseboat staff will be there to serve you.You can enjoy fishing using traditional fishing rod on board. Additional food menu such as sea food, prawns, etc, are also available.

I suggest you to prebook the houseboat from a reputed operator so as to ensure the best quality one & to avoid the hassles of spot booking.

Cheers,

Arun

Travelers Point | Team Experience Kerala

Mentioned in this post
Kumarakom
Kumarakom
Kottayam District, India
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

Hi,

If it is a 6 – 8 hours cruise, why go for a houseboat with bedrooms? They would be charging you more and it would not be worthwhile booking two. You can get an 8 bedroom houseboat also (in case you wish to have bedrooms) which would enable the whole group to be together.

May is hot, but you may expect showers. And if it does rain, most (responsible) houseboats would anchor along the shores and it would not be any fun cooped up in the boat.

Better book in advance with a reputed company. And while booking, please do mention whether you would be having lunch. If you would, please decide on the menu and inform them in advance.

5. Re: Alleppey Houseboat in May with Infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 07:16