TIPS WHEN VISITING LONAVALA / KHANDALA
Eating : best places to eat
1) Joshis: in lane next to HDFC training center on Mumbai –pune old highway
- Home made excellent and hygienic food, great choice of veg and non veg
2) Golden vada pav: on Mumbai pune highway
Perhaps the best vada pav and moong bhaija is prepared here.
3) Sunny dhaba: about 10 kms on Mumbai pune highway , before kamshet, authentic Punjabi food
4) Aunties fudge: the best place to buy chocolate fudge, near municipal lonavala market
To do / see
1) Tiger point : 17 kms towards aamby valley
2) Lohagad fort: made by shivaji , towards pawana lake road
3) Pawna lake: great scenic spot with boating facilities , about 18 kms form lonavala market
4) Karla cave & Bhatu caves: historical Buddhist place : on Mumbai –pune old highway
5) MTDC resort: good place for boating and to spend evening
6) Tungarli dam: about 4 kms form lonanval, excellent picnic spot
7) Wax museum: AWESOME JOB BY THE ARTIST.MUST SEE , near the toll naka after lonavala .