We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
darwin
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
spas in amed

wondering if anyone knows if any spas close to bayu cottages in amed

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: spas in amed

Hey DarwinNewtraveler,

I can highly recommend Bayu Cottage's Amed. Having stayed there once...xmas Dec 2007 (12 night's)all together! (Fantastic especially the snorkeling in the area) the beautiful tropical fish! "Depending on the tide I had to pick the right moment..."

I did not see any spa in the immediate area!Laid back and plenty of locals around to give you a massage, tour,boat ride etc...

No spa!!! in local area then, as far as I know???...... Bayu Cottage's Chilled out place totally!...just loved watching the fishing boat's venture out in the morning and afternoon from my room overlooking the ocean...Pure Bliss...the staff were wonderful...and the freshly cooked breakfast!What more, could one ask for???

darwin
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spas in amed

i cant wait sounds like exactly what i need. will i need to take own snorkling gear

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: spas in amed

Yes, I do! I don't take flipper's as they are too heavy and really U don't need them if U go with the current when in the water! or U can hire them cheap if U need them...

Cheers...Enjoy!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spas in amed

Hi,

Apart from the massages/spas offered in hotels there is only one spa in Amed called "A" Spa. It is near to Apa Kabar Villas on the other side of the road. Keep intending to visit but haven't yet, however it was recommended to me by Kabirgirl on the forum & she says the masseuse are very good. As far as I remember if you phone to book an appointment they'll send a driver to pick you up.I did manage to find details of treatments offered in a Bali Spa Guide.

www.balispaguide.com/spa-search/…

Ursie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spas in amed

A spa is certainly still there, but I have never seen it open. In terms of massage, there is a multitude of options, via your hotel or on the beach.

Have not had experience at ASpa, but it is very expensive by local standards, all prices in US $.

There is a local co-operative for massaging in the hotel and only certain girls are allowed in each hotel, although on the beach is more of a free for all.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spas in amed

we went to A SPA last year. Included RT transport Life In Amed hotel--very good scrub/massage pkg for 2 hrs for about $40 US 2 persons. Nothing upscale---just

good service and nice place.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spas in amed

My experience of A Spa has been great.

They will pick you up and return you to your hotel included in the price.

They have a dotey little venue in Bunutan, which is between Amed village and Lippah.

They can only take 2 clients at any one time!! Small and intimate! Perfect for a mandi lulur with your loved one!

They also have an in house service, where they will come to some of the Amed hotels and give you the treatments in your hotel

Try the calming back treatment.. fabulous

It is true that you can get a good massage from the beach girls at a cheaper price.

I do both.. and love both

8. Re: spas in amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations