We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips starting in Amed

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Munich
Level Contributor
31 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
day trips starting in Amed

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a feeling for distance/travel time on Bali and wonder what is feasable for a day trip from Amed?

I'd say Tirtagangga and Amlapura as well as the drie on the coast south towards Seraya Timur

What about Sidemen - is it still within easy reach any other places? Has anyone walked up to Pura Lempuyang? Any recommendations on trekking/biking?

I don't want to kill myself with getting up at 5 am, am looking for some pleasant, easy going day trips.

Cheers- badali

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trips starting in Amed

An easy and interesting day trip from Amed is to take the coast road to Amlapura, passing through Seraya. It is a beautiful quiet road with spectacular scenery and happy friendly children waving as you pass by.

There is a hand spinning/dying/weaving cooperative before Seraya that is worth a stop.

You can also visit the Ujung Water Palace.

In Amlapura, you may want to visit the traditional and non touristy market or the palace.

You then head to Tirtagangga for the lovely water palace and spectacular rice fields.

Return to Amed via Abang and Culik.

Round trip.. with no stops is approx 2.5 hrs

Sideman is also very possible and very well worth the trip... It takes less than 2 hours to get there.

Pura Lempuyang is wonderful.. but if you want to reach the higher temple there are many hundreds of steps to climb.

East Bali Bike tours do fabulous biking treks. Starting in the foothills of Mount Agung and cycling various routes that end at the ocean.

The tour that ends at Pasir Putih, secret white sand beach is brilliant and not too strenuous.

The Amed coast has a back drop of mountains and hills where you can do great treks.

It is worth hiring a local guide to show you the way and give you some local knowledge

2. Re: day trips starting in Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 05:17