We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying "supplies"

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Buying "supplies"

Does anyone know if there is anywhere within walking distance of Puri Wirata where we can stock up on water, soft drinks etc or would we be better of seeing if our driver could stop for us before we arrive?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,562 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying "supplies"

I do believe that's in Amed and if so, do as we do enroute to Candidasa and stop at Hardy's in Sanur on the way.

I am sure once you are in Amed, you will be able to buy provisions locally or by driving to one of the bigger towns nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Candidasa
Candidasa
Karangasem, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying "supplies"

You could stop off in Amed on your way to Puri Wirati. If you approach via the coast road stop in Lipah there's a shop there which stocks drinks, snacks, swimwear, souvenirs etc. If you approach by the inland road ask your driver to stop at Amed Cafe shop which seems to sell almost everything. Also Hardy's supermarket in Amlapura is another option. You can walk from Puri Wirata to the shop at Lipah but it's a fair walk. When I stayed at Wawa Wewe11 close to Puri Wirata one of the staff nipped to the shop on his scooter when my phone needed a top up so this is another option

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Lipah Beach
Lipah Beach
226 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Hotel Amed Cafe
Hotel Amed Cafe
157 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying "supplies"

when i stayed at puri wirata we purchased what we needed from hardy's in sanur. (we were staying in sanur at the time) it is easier to take what you want with you. as mentioned the walk to Lipah is a fair distance. Puri wirata is a lovely place to stay. we had the bungalow overlooking the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Lipah Beach
Lipah Beach
226 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying "supplies"

Thanks guys :-)

Actually, liked the look of "your" bungalow, that we have booked it!!

5. Re: Buying "supplies"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:18