We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General help with our planning please

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
277 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
General help with our planning please

We are trying to plan our itinery & hope for some guidence please. We have 12 nights of which we intend to spend 4 in Ubud. We are coonsidering Candidasa, Ahmed myabe a couple of nights in Sanur (we've been ther before & liked the villa we stayed in).

We would like good quality accommodation & have looked at Bayshore Villa in CD.

If we decide on going to Ahmed, where should we stay where we are not stuck - we no transport. We would like to sample differnet restaurants.

We are not divers but enjoy to sit by the occean so this is a big consideration on this part of the hol.

We've been offered a great rate at Baliku Boutique htl as they will be renovating the pool at the time we are going but would we be stuck there?

Also, we require a fridge as we enjoy a nice cold drink on the verandah at night.

Would 4 nights CD & 2 at Ahmed be good or woudl longer be recommended.

(i've posted this on the CD forum too - I'm desperate to get things booked up)

Thanks

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General help with our planning please

I can happily spend a week at a time in Amed, but I'm biased as i love it there. Transport needn't be an issue as it's cheap to hire a scooter, approx 50,000 a day. If you PM me with your email I can send you a list of Amed accommodation/websites, a map showing the position of hotels in the different areas of Amed & some general info re Amed activities & places to visit.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General help with our planning please

Hi,

My husband and I plan to go snorkelling at Lombok and at Amed at the end of this month and would really appreciate any suggestions as to good accommodation in both places that is fairly centrally located for access to the beaches for snorkelling and to cafes restaurants etc so we aren't totally reliant on hotel menus. Quiet and with a view of the ocean would be great also! Most of the top rated hotels in both places seem to be fairly booked out over the period so, any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General help with our planning please

If you send me your email address ElanAust by PM I'll send you a list of Amed hotels & websites plus the best places for snorkelling directly from the beach. Is a white sand beach important to you or will you be happy with a volcanic sand or pebbly beach?

I haven't visited Lombok so can't help you there.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General help with our planning please

Hi, Sorry to get in on the cat, but Im planning to spend some time in either Candi Dasa (Puri Bagus) or Amed. Any ideas which would be best? Many thanks, I rather like white sand! but realise there isnt a beach at CD. Thanks, Glad

5. Re: General help with our planning please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 07:17