We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amed, Sanur, Lombok

Warwick Parish...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Amed, Sanur, Lombok

My husband & I are planning three weeks in Bali & Lombok next June. We've been to Sanur twice this year and loved it. How many days should we put aside to stay in Amed?

We are planning a week in Lombok and want to divide the rest of the time between Sanur & Amed. We're in our 50's and our main reason we keep going back to Bali is to relax! It takes 3 days of travelling from Bermuda to get there but well worth it!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

We spent five nights at Apa Kabar Villas near Amed and that was perfect for us, although I could easily spend longer. If you like to snorkel you won't want to leave :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

Agree with Tannalee and if you haven't been up to this area before there is heaps to see and do, on the way there and back and while you are there. So you won't get there and be bored and wish you hadn't booked there for so long. I would say 4 or 5 days is a good amount of time.

Candi Dasa, Ujung Water Palace, Tirta Gangga, Bali Aga Village, Blue lagoon, White Sand Beach and Padangbai are just a few of the favourite places to visit in the area.

Edited: 14 November 2010, 21:56
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

I agree with the others. 4 - 5 days would be nice. Amed is a completely different place to stay and very good for relaxing, snorkeling and diving

Warwick Parish...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

Thanks so much all of you for your advice. We will make sure we spend 4 - 5 nights there. Whinnie thanks for actually giving names to all the places we need to look out for.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

Allow a good day to travel up seeing things on the way. The coast road from Alampura ( Karangasam ) to Amed is spectacular. Also near Alampura is the restored Water Palace destroyed by the 1961 volcanic eruption.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

That would be Ujung Water Palace and it is spectacular.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

I usually spend a week at a time in Amed, relaxing, snorkelling, chatting to the local people & the children, it's my favourite place in Bali. You can do a tour enroute to/from Amed or book a driver whilst you're there.

As for tours enroute, there are several places you can visit. Kerta Gosa at Klung Kung which has a small museum & a council chamber which has amazing paintings on the ceiling.

You could take the Sidemen road & drive through Selat & Sidemen for rice terrace & scenery. Then take the coast road from Ujung to Amed, takes longer than the inland road but well worth it for the views of bays & jukungs lined up on the beaches far down below. At Ujung there is also Taman Ujung water gardens.

Return via the inland road, stop off at Tirtagangga water gardens, there are stepping stones across one of the ponds, 2 spring fed pools for swimming, water's cold but fun! it's so peaceful, one of my favourite places. Some spectacular rice terraces nearby & a short drive to Budakeling where you'll find gold & silversmiths. There's also the Bali Aga village at Tenganan where they practice unusual customs. just past Kusamba is Pura Goa Lawah, the bat cave. You then pass through Padangbai & Candidasa where you can stop at one of the beaches or for a meal maybe.

Warwick Parish...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

Thank you all very much for all your invaluable info.....I would be totally lost without this fantastic forum.................plus it's instant gratification! Thanks again.

9. Re: Amed, Sanur, Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations