We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Kihei
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Looking at maps, looking at trip advisor, flip over to google earth, back to trip advisor...

Wanna stay where I can swim straight away at the beach. Put on my mask and snorkel and just go, or just for a dip now and again.

What beach has more sand than pebbles, which one has less trash?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

I can't answer which is the best beach on Amed as I haven't stayed on them all, but I can say that Lipah is perfect for walking into the calm sea off fine sand, (not white) and snorkelling or swimming.

Kihei
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Thank you for your quick reply

Is baliku, aqua terrace or blue moon villas located there?

If not, is there a nice place comparable to these located there?

Mahalo

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Have snorkelled and swam many places off Islands and Australia, just love it. I would have to say White Sand beach which is about 7kms out of Candi Dasa, it has as its name suggests white sand and clean blue water, on either end is quite lovely for snorkelling.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

This beach at Nusa Dua is very nice and convenient. I posted a review a while back that is still accurate. Snorkeling is not too good, mostly sand, but swimming is fantastic.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297698-d939…

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Bukit area has some nice beaches

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,502 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

The OP is asking in the Amed forum, not asking about Bali generally!

Cheers

Kihei
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Yeah, thanks for the replies.

Not looking for white sand. As I am from Maui, I know that sand color like people doesn't determine good or bad.

I do look for something of a nice texture, so easy on the feet. And also a spot where its not to dirty with trash.

I research many hours about amed area, so I know many different beaches, bays, headlands and villages there. I'm just trying to put it all together and try and find the combination that is best for us- sand, snorkel, views and accommodation.

Mahalo for all help about that :)

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Amed as mentioned but closer to the most popular tourist part of Bali would be Sanur with lots of hotels on the beach front. Markets and restaurants along the beach side walk way. The snorkeling not as good as Amed. Sanur beach is mostly shell and coral fragments, it is a lagoon, with the reef a few 100m off shore.

Kihei
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

Thank you again-

Been to all other parts of Bali already.

Interested in info about Amed only please.

Mahalo again

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What beach is the cleanset, has the nicest sand?

My view, if you want to find a beach that will blow you away, particulary compared to Maui, then forget Bali and go to Komodo National Park at the west end of Flores Island. It's completely different than Bali, not so easy to get to, but if you like marine environment, this is it, there is no comparison.

BTW, the most Hawaiian beach on Bali would be Balangan, which not too many people get to because access is poor. Very popular with surfers.

Please excuse the post, even if its not Amed.

Lahainaluna '78