We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
950 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

Hi all

Does anyone know if fast boats run between Amed & Gili Trawangan; and if so do they operate in the first half of Dec?

We will be staying at Candidasa. In May we caught a fast boat (the GiliGili) from Gili Trawangan to PadangBai; sea calm, crossing was great. I'd like to take people I'm bringing to Bali across to Gili T for an overnighter but unsure what the weather and Lombok strait water is like in Dec part of the year.

Any help or advice on who I could contact would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance... wishatgo. :)

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Gili Trawangan
Gili Trawangan
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Candidasa
Candidasa
Karangasem, Indonesia
Padangbai
Padangbai
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

I don't think at that time of year & weather wise wouldn't be a nice / safe experience. I was there is January & I wouldn't cross then, for my own comfort & safety. But we were there again in August this year & used Eco dive for transfers to Gili Air...... no prob's @ that time of year.

Email John @ Eco dive Amed & ask him for local knowledge.

Mentioned in this post
Gili Air
Gili Air
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
950 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

Thanks for that info.

I def don't want to make the crossing if the straight is rough.

I will look up John @ Eco dive in Amed as you suggested and email him for advice. Also hubby is flying over just to dive for 3 or 4 days so I will ask John some diving questions too and maybe tee something up.

In May we were on the Gili's and got told there was NO boat going direct to Amed anymore (by several op's and our hotel travel op) and then while waiting for our boat to PadangBai (changed our plans) we see a fast boat with Amed on it. Asked some people that were getting on the boat and they said they WERE going to Amed. It was very frustrating at the time!

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Padangbai
Padangbai
Bali, Indonesia
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

There are 2 companies operating the Amed to Gili Trawangan route.

Amed Sea Express and Kuda Hitam

Kuda Hitam can be contacted through Ecodive at Jemeluk.

The boats seat approx 20 people and are airconditioned

Amed Sea Express contact info May 2011:

The booking numbers are 085339253944 and 087863064799

Departure from Amed 9am and return time Gili Trawangan to Amed was11am in August.

Price is 600,000rp 1 way and 1,100,000rp return including pick up and drop off but I negotiated a better price.

Amed Sea Express did stop operating for a time but is up & running again.

http://amedseaexpress.com/

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Gili Trawangan
Gili Trawangan
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Sea Express
Sea Express
101 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Ecodive Bali
Ecodive Bali
536 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Jemeluk Beach
Jemeluk Beach
788 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
4. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 09:35
5. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 09:14
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

ketut n, please do not self promote your booking business here.

If you wish to contribute to the forum you are certainly very welcome to do so, but please do not self-promote by adding a link to your booking service as it is in clear breach of the TA contribution guidelines.

The information you provided was both appropriate and useful to forum users.

"There are two fast boats run between Gili island and amed directly. one of them is KUDA HITAM EXPRESS which runs between amed to all Gili islands (trawangan, meno and air)."

It is only the provision of a URL linking to your booking site that is a problem (tidak boleh saja).

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Kuda Hitam Express
Kuda Hitam Express
140 Reviews
Bali, Indonesia
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

Does anyone have any recent experience with the new Amed Sea Express 2 or the new Kuda Hitam 2? They both look bigger and nicer than their predecessors, but I would like to hear some more first hand experience. Do they have sufficient life jackets, etc.? How is the ride over? Will either of them drop us at Meno or Air or just trawangan?

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Sea Express
Sea Express
101 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

When we were in Amed in January, the Kuda Hitam was undergoing repairs due to a mooring fault. It had been moored in the bay and the swell had effectively spun it around while it was secured at both bow and stern - like a kebab if you like.

At the time, it was unserviceable and parked up high on the beach. With ingenuity and new outboards, I am sure it is probably back in the game by now. Perhaps the new Kuta Hitam 2 is the reincarnation. I have good faith in John from what I have seen, I believe that there would be good safety standards in this business. Amed Sea Express I am not sure - I don't know anything about this business.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sea Express
Sea Express
101 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
9. Re: Do FAST boats run between Gili T and Amed?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:47