We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

We were in Amed, Pemuteran, and Ubud for 3 weeks in May (OK I know I owe a JBR....I know, I know, I know....I just gotta get through 2000 pictures and 6 hrs of video to accompany my blog...I will, I promise).

Anyways, the wife has instructed me (and I ALWAYS FOLLOW WIFE INSTRUCTIONS....ish) to start planning a month for next spring. Same general locations with a couple of additions, hence the questions.

We saw some new Cottages right on the beach next to the restaurant by the Japanese wreck in Banyuning. The belong to some guy who's kinda important in Bali government, two story cottages in Balinese style and looked very very nice. I forgot the name....Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? Website maybe?

Appreciate any help y'all might have.

tanks

Joe

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Eka Purnama Cottages and Restaurant is at that location as is

Baliku Resort and - The Pavilion Restaurant

http://www.amedbaliresort.com/

http://www.eka-purnama.com

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Thanks for the response but I don't think it was either of these. The cottages I'm thinking of are the opposite side of the restaurant, they're brand new (were being finished when we were there in May, and are two story traditional balinese style. I want to think there were maybe 8 cottages directly on the beach.

thanks for trying

Joe

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Try googling Kawi Karma. I'm told that they're owned by the same person as Good Karma

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Ursie....you have been renamed "goddess queen". Those are the ones and the guy, who we met and gave us a short tour is Mr Baba. I'm emailing him after work today.

Thanks mucho....can I just call you GQ?

joe

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

I do forget so many things....

My favorite place there is Bamboo Bali hotel and restaurant...

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Ha ha!...Goddess Queen here. Happy I could help Joe. Good to hear you're planning to go back to Amed. I'm counting down myself, not long to wait before I'll be back in my favourite place...bliss!

Golden Beach...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Hi Joe,

We still have Amed on our "maybe this trip" place to stay...very hard to decide between Amed/Candi or to go over to the Gilli's..working it out as I read on TA each day, getting more of feel by reading all the posts.

Looking forward to your JBR, i have looked at some of your past posts, the villa you stayed at last time in Amed area was divine, out of our price range for the budget this trip...so I am interested in knowing the website/email for the above cottages on the beach....also costing per night?

Are there other cafes places to eat along this beach within say a 5 min walk?

ANY INFO about the beaches, area and suggestions would help us heaps.

Golden Beach...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Hi Joe,

I googled to find the website, which has the email, I still would like to know the price if you could let me know...the website I went to isn't allowing me to enlarge the photos so I can't really tell if they are suitable, I intend to go do some more googleing now to see if there are any reviews.

melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

Hi - I'm wondering where you ended up staying Joe or SunshineGolden?

We are looking at Baliku Resort in Banyuning at $90 a night. The Kawi Karma bungalows look pretty special but I also can't enlarge photos or find reviews.

Is there enough food choices at Banyuning so we aren't at the hotel every day?

Cheers

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New villas by Japanese wreck in Banyuning

I looked around one of the villas at Kawi Karma for Joe last August & took several photos. If you send me your email by PM I'm happy to send them to you. I didn't really notice how many dining places there were nearby but I can find out if that would be helpful. The villas are lovely though with ocean view. Banyuning is a quieter area of Amed so not as many hotels/villas as in some areas of Amed.