We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

intro dive @ amed

DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
intro dive @ amed

planning to visit amed from sanur on day trip,please suggest:

1) what time is best for doing basic intro dives during the day ?

2) is pre booking must (looking for first week of october ) for diving / snokerling

3) what are other attraction of amed?

thanks ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: intro dive @ amed

If your travelling up from Sanur for a day trip you won't have much time for other activities after you've had a dive. There are several good dive operators around amed. Use TA to find the one you want to use. Its about three - three and half hour drive to Amed, so unless you leave really early you will get there mid morning. I've snorkeled at different times and the water clarity is usually good. I'd probably email your chosen dive operator in advance and check if you need to book. Unless you go in a busy period you should be ok. Amed is a great place and you should enjoy your dive and the drive there and back. Plenty of good eating places as well.

DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: intro dive @ amed

thanks for ur reply,

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: intro dive @ amed

It will take you approx 2 1/2 hours+ to drive from Sanur to Amed. There are several diveshops in Amed plus several of the hotels have their own. Some options for diveshops are:

www.adventurediversbali.com

www.eurodivebali.com

www.ecodivebali.com

Adventure Divers has an excellent reputation. They are based at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows.

Maybe consider staying overnight in Amed then you would have more time to spend sightseeing either on the way to Amed or on your return to Sanur.

Take a look at the above websites then email one or all of them to enquire about an intro dive & the cost.

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: intro dive @ amed

I dove a week with Eurodivers in May and they were great. Good gear, great service and they really know where to go and what to see. I'd highly recommend them.

I'd also recommend that you overnite in Amed at least one nite. If you're doing your first open water dives you really want to allow time to learn, to relax and not be rushed trying to get back to Sanur. If you left Sanur quite early you could do two davs diving pretty easy with overnite and still be in the water early (pre 10 am) which I found the best time for visibility in the Amed/Lipah area. That would also allow some sightseeing time on the way back to Sanur that second afternoon.

Enjoy your diving

DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: intro dive @ amed

yes roger !

6. Re: intro dive @ amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:48