We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

NYC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

Anyone have input about the difference between these 2 places?

thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
863 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

They are both located on the same beach. However Coral View is closer to the far right of the beach which is the best snorkelling spot. From what I could see the rooms at Hidden Paradise face each other rather than the sea and boats. The family bungalows at Coral View have a brilliant view of the sea. Coral View is also bigger and has a fabulous pool area. Both have aircon and hot water. Due to the layout and atmosphere Coral View has the edge.

NYC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

Thank you! That was very clear. Have you stayed up the hill at Bedulu? This is for myself and 22 y.o.daughter... so the journey down the steps is no issue.

Australia
Level Contributor
863 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

No sorry I stayed at Coral View and went to check out Hidden Paradise. One thing I really liked about Coral View is that we did not have to walk far to our room. I underestimated how much of a work out swimming and checking out fish in the heat can be, But then again I am not very fit (blush)

Try to get a view of the fishing boats that come in in the morning. This is when the magic of Amed happens. You can see the families and friends working together to bring the boats in. It is really quite heart warming.

Bayu is another place I considered staying but it would not have this view and it would not have the same lush tropical garden feel as Coral View.

Hmm thanks for reminding me what I loved so much about Amed!

NYC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

Thank you one more!

Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

I have stayed several times at Bedulu Resort and also at Coral View and at other places in Amed over the years and I can say that Bedulu has the edge in my books - the best view from the Superior Rooms and also from the pool. Also the advantage of this place over the beachfront hotels is that you don't have someone trying to sell you something as soon as you step outside - that was the only draw back though as otherwise Coral View was lovely. For anywhere decent in Amed I would book early at this time of year. Hope this was helpful

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

I haven't stayed at Bedulu but I did visit last August & took some photos. The new villas up on the hillside are very nice, lovely view but quite a hike up in the heat of the day.

NYC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

thank you!

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

Ursie, how much of a hike up...

are we talking 5 mins from the beach, we are also considering staying in Amed. Thanks

9. Re: difference between Hidden paradise and Coral View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:48