We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little confused because of the many options around Amed

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
346 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
A little confused because of the many options around Amed

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers and are planning to stay for about 4 or 5 nights in the Amed area.

I read many reviews and forum posts (the one of Brakelsyl is very helpful!) but still find it hard to make a decision. Especially because it will be our first time at this area. (visited south and north Bali before)

What is important for us:

- clean, bright rooms, fully airconditioned and mosquito nets

- Not too many stairs to the room (bad knees)

- Nice pool and good snorkling at walking distance

- I would love to have an indoor shower/bathroom but these are hard to find.

- beach front or seaview

- price per night for 2 rooms or 1 villa max. around €200

My results till now: I narrowed it down to Baliku (but I hope there are villa's on the lower level overhere) and Blue Moon in the Angel section or in the new in June to open villas. Blue Moon is more expensive and I have some concerns re. the outside shower but the pictures of the view are sooooo gorgeous!

After reading some topics overhere it seems the Lipah beach is the best to stay but I find it hard to get a accomodation overhere that meets our desires. Coral view has not that many reviews and they are very mixed.

Which one should you prefer Baliku or Blue Moon? Blue Moon is much more expensive but still in our budget.

Waiheke Island, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A little confused because of the many options around Amed

Just posted under another thread for accommodation .... Pondok Laut which is new. They have 4 bungalows I think a couple with no stairs but each has a different design and a small pool. We didn't have air conditioning when we were there but I know they plan to put them in. Great cosy atmosphere small and personal. They also have a nice little retail store.

Australia
Level Contributor
616 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A little confused because of the many options around Amed

.................we stayed in Amed.....................google ...look at reviews for KATANA................omg.......service...location...staff.....stunning ! good luck

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A little confused because of the many options around Amed

Ciskey the Puri Wirata is a good option. We stayed there a couple of years ago and booked out one of the three bedroom houses (which can all be hired separately as well)for $180.00 AU. It was right on the ocean with just a pool in front. They have an indoor bathroom, lovely netted beds and the master room has a lounge and kitchen as well. You can snorkle out the front and there is a little shop on the back road for drinks and snacks. The restaurant is good as well and has a second pool in front of it. It does have some stairs, between the levels as a lot of Amed is on the side of a hill.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
346 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: A little confused because of the many options around Amed

Thanks for your advice Sukamakan, Marquin and BrisbanyLizzy.

We decided to book one of the new Blue Angel rooms at Blue Moon. These are supposed to be finished at the end of May, beginning of June. If they are not finished in time for us (mid July) I will certainly keep these options in mind.

The Katana is too expensive at @325 per night though.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
109 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: A little confused because of the many options around Amed

Thanks to the advice in this topic, and of course the great reviews on TripAdvisor, my family decided to book Puri Wirata. We went for the "Superior" rooms though, for $55 per night. The additional cost for the villa rooms didn't seem worth it. But, when we get there, if the villas or Deluxe rooms are still available, we will look at them and may decide to upgrade or downgrade.

I liked the fact that they operate a dive centre with rates that are about the same as their competition. And good snorkelling is a big plus. The ladies will appreciate the nice pool area and the spa services.

16. Re: A little confused because of the many options around Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations