We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Amed

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
4 posts
Save Topic
Getting around Amed

From what I've read public transportation doesn't really exist in Amed. What is the best way (besides a moped) to get from one village to the next? It doesn't seem like a big place, would hiring a bicycle work?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Amed

If you plan on riding a bicycle along the coastline I really hope you are fit, lol. The coastline is very, very hilly and very steep in places (old cars can struggle). But this means that the views from the top are spectacular.

If you want to tour around you would be better to hire a driver and car for the day, if a motorbike is out of the question. If you just want to get to restaurants that aren't in walking distance, some places will pick you up and drop you off from your hotel, just get your hotel to ring them.

Dallas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Amed

Haha thanks, I was wondering why bicycles never came up on my reading - hills explain it all.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Amed

Or a longtail boat will take you around too...about $20 for 4 hours...

Palm Springs
Level Contributor
52 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around Amed

We stayed at Anda Amed a few years ago and did use a scooter. There isn't much traffic and only one road, so you can't get lost. If a scooter isn't your thing, there are always locals ready and willing to provide you "transport!?!".

On a side note, we loved Amed. Not a whole lot to do, but a great place to just relax, enjoy the ocean view and do a little diving or snorkeling. And it's really quiet.

Edited: 18 February 2013, 20:21
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around Amed

Amed actually stretches for more than 10km along the coast & is made up of several villages. A bicycle would be hard work as Whinnie has mentioned because of the hills. Scooters are cheap to hire, approx 50,000IDR a day, there's only really one main road through Amed so it's easy to travel without getting lost.

I can give you contact details for the driver I always use based in Amed if that would be helpful. I use him for transfers to/from Amed, sightseeing whilst staying there & also for short journeys to other beaches for snorkelling or to restaurants. He's a safe, reliable driver & is always punctual.

If you want to send me your email address by PM I can also send you a map of Amed so that you can see the layout of the different villages & positions of some of the hotels/restaurants etc.

Dallas
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around Amed

Hi Ursie

Are you talking about Salit (or something like that)? I think I saw your post on another thread that talked about getting from Amed to Munduk, which I also plan to do. Yes, please, if you could PM me his info that'd be great, so I don't have to go searching for that thread.

Thanks so much!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around Amed

Hi Ursie,

Could I possibly get the name of your driver aswell? I will be travelling alone and it would make life a lot easier if I had the name of a driver and map organised before I go :-)

Thanks in advance!

Sinead

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting around Amed

Hi Ursie

Could you please pm me your driver details plus amed map

Thankyou most helpful

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting around Amed

Hi Sinead,

I'm on holiday in France. Hopefully I'll have access to a laptop tomorrow evening so can send you the info & map then. Can you send me your email address by PM. I'm on my iPhone at the mo

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
500 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting around Amed

lucky you! France!!

Haven't been there for 2 yrs.

Hope you're having a great time.

Obviously we won't get to catch up at Billy's or La Monde this year, maybe Amed down the track!!

Happy travels !!