We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel options

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel options

Hi folks,

Finally narrowed our choices down to 2 hotels..I'd like some feedback on them if anyone has some recent experience. I've checked the reviews here and both are favourable. Any recommendations for one or the other in regard to location. They are

Kembali Beach Bungalows Jemeluk (Amed town)

or Bali Dream House Bunutan.

Thanks in advance.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel options

I have never been to any of these 2 places but from looking at their websites, I think Bali Dream House Bunutan looks better. It seems like they got better reviews as well. The Bungalow seems almost the same style, just location which is different, look like the beach in front of Bali Dream House is whiter and cleaner. Like I said I have never been there, it is just my opinion from my little researches.

Regards,

Mini M

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel options

bump

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel options

We stayed at Kembali Beach Bungalows it was great , snorkling right in front of the hotel was fantastic, great Warungs for meals with in walking distance.

The Bungalows just like the photos.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel options

thanks Peter, would you recommend using reef shoes for the beach in that area?? As for snorkeling, how far out is the coral?

appreciate your time

Cheers

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel options

I have stayed at kembali bungalows. Very clean and fresh rooms. Small pool right on water. Snorkelling right out the front. Yes defo bring refs shoes. Beach hurts to walk on. It is all black sand. I really liked it there, loved being able to come in and out of the water all day. There are quite a few warungs nearby. Sails is also a lovely restaurant with a great view. They will come and pick you up and drop you back. I haven't snorkelled much so my opinion isn't worth that much but I thought it was amazing in the water. Right off the shore as well.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel options

thanks so much for your input...looks like Kembali could be the one. I'll get some reef shoes. Do you know if Kembali have snorkel gear to hire or is there somewhere nearby we can get some? Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel options

We were in Amed last year at Blue Star Jemulak...and everywhere else we went around Amed was windy and choppy EXCEPT Jemulak.Crystal clear and smooth all the time.The coral starts about 50 metres off the beach at high tide.no strong currents,just beautiful.Blue Star has snorkelling gear to hire,so if Kembali doesnt just try somewhere else ($3 a day).We took goggles and snorkel with us and didnt need flippers.

On the beach are Jukungs,have a chat with the fishermen and they will take you to the shipwreck(great snorkelling), or other fab beaches or sunrise fishing for about $20 for up to 4 people.The hotel may give you a dearer price so check with the owners of the jukungs.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hotel options

I haven't visited Bali Dream House but I have stayed at Kembali Bungalows several times. It's beachside & you can snorkle directly from the beach. As mentioned previously it's a black sand beach with some pebbles as you enter the water. I've worn reef shoes on occasions but have also gone in barefoot. The black sand however does get very hot at times. Kembali will probably hire you snorkelling gear. I've hired gear from Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows which is a couple of minutes walk if you turn left as you reach the road. It's on the other side of the road. There are lots of restaurants/warungs within walking distance & a shop at Amed Cafe which is just past Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows.

Waiheke Island, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with hotel options

Hi we stayed at Pondok Laut in Dec. during their soft opening and it was great a slight Japanese design theme to the bungalows but very stylish and comfortable.

They don't have a website yet but its right on the beach. Pondok Laut Bungalows : Jl. Raya Amed - Jemeluk, Banjar Lebah Desa Amed, Culik - Karangasem. the phone contact/email address is 08123879809 / manickhoek@gmail.com.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with hotel options

thanks again everyone, we've decided on Kembali Beach Bungalows Jemeluk. I'll be sure to post a review.

Special thanks to Ursie, the info you gave me on Amed has been an enormous help and we're now planning the finer details.