We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimwears in amed

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
swimwears in amed

Hi this is our 2nd trip to bali and we shall be heading to Amed directly from airport. My wife is looking for good swimwears for snorkelling. Can we get it in Amed? Or we need to buy from kuta?Our 1.5 year daughter is traveling with us. So we dont want to take break for shopping and want to go to Amed directly. Is there any good shop in Amed wgich sells quality swimwears?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimwears in amed

I was in Amed a few years ago and there are minimal shops, I'd buy them in Kuta where there are many shops.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,144 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimwears in amed

Or if need be, just go snorkelling in shorts and sleeveless top or similar...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimwears in amed

You could get your driver to stop in Sanur, which is on the way, at Hardies Department Store and you could stay in the car with your little one while your wife goes in to get bathers. They have a lot as you go in right infront of the main doors. If your daughter is awake you could run into the supermarket to shop for snacks etc while she gets bathers. Where are you staying in Amed?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swimwears in amed

Best to stop off in Sanur at Hardy's. There is also a Hardy's in Amlapura but I was there several days ago & there was very little choice in women's swimwear. Plenty for children though. There are many small shops now in Amed, some selling clothing but you're unlikely to find good quality swimwear. Hardy's also stock inflatable pool toys & arm bands for children.

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swimwears in amed

I would suggest you all wear a rashie to protect your backs from the sun when snorkelling. Sun burn hurts! Have a great trip. Mono

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: swimwears in amed

Just left the Amed area today and I agree that you don't want to count on buying swimwear there. I saw men's swim trunks but that's all. But enjoy the area when you get there- it's delightful!

7. Re: swimwears in amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:39