We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Amed transport

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Amed transport

Hello,

I'm going to stay at Sinar Bali 2 in Amed, i nicely booked everything but one thing i had trouble with is transport.I couldnt find transportation to amed which cost less than $60. Can anybody help me ?

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,737 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Amed transport

Have you tried Sinar Bali 2 as they offer airport transfer. Check their price first so you have something to compare.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Amed transport

Hello fameNsw

wow the website that i booked from didnt show that they have transport, i will contact them about it.

One more question, should i change my money in the airport ? because i heard that there is no ATM or money exchanger in Amed area.

Thank you.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Amed transport

Hi bahlafturki,

That is a long way trip. and the cost is USD 50/car for maximum 4 person with luggage

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Amed transport

$50 - 60 is actually quite reasonable for that trip I think, it is a long way.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Amed transport

We paid 500,000 two weeks ago for the same trip which is a very good price, it is a long drive. If you want our drivers name let me know. He spoke good English and was a very good driver. He also lives in Amed.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,737 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Amed transport

There are 2 ATMs that I am aware of in Amed. There could be more. Ursie, the DE for Amed will know for sure.

ATM BNI outside 3 Brothers

ATM Mandiri outside Amed Café Hotel & shop.

I would not rely on these ATMs and would exchange your money at the airport if you can't stop at Sanur on the way to Amed.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Amed transport

I would suggest you hire a driver from Amed to collect you or get the hotel to send a driver. In Amed some hotels just call a reliable driver that they use on a regular basis to transport customers.

One local driver that many of us have used that is based in Amed is Salit Arsa, you can contact him here

Email:amedsalit@hotmail.com

Mobile: +6281337151975.

$60 is not unreasonable it is a long drive to Amed.

As for changing money ask the driver to stop once you leave the airport so you can exchange some money before heading to Amed.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 11:18
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Amed transport

Salit Arsa is who we used, he's quite well know on TA for Amed travel thanks to Ursie, but he really is great.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Amed transport

As far as I'm aware Salit charges 500,000 from the airport to Amed or 550,000 if there are sightseeing stops enroute. It's approximately a 3 hour trip from the airport & any driver will have 3 hours drive to the airport already or a south based driver will have the return drive. Plus time spent at the airport.

There are the 2 ATM's in Amed village & another one in Bunutan. They've opened since my last trip so I don't know how reliable they are. However there are ATM's outside Hardy's in Amlapura so you could stop there on your way to Amed. The latter have been reliable for me, only once was the one I wanted to use out of order

Lublin, Poland
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Amed transport

I'll have the same problem with exchange money on the way to Amed. Could you please tell me if the airport exchange rate is the same like bank rate (I think about the bank in Amlapura)?

Get answers to your questions about Amed
Recent Conversations