We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on staying @ Rumah Besar Bali Villas

Which Kerobokan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perh
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on staying @ Rumah Besar Bali Villas

Has any one stayed at Rumah Besar Bali Villas recently?

I have a few questions?? How far from Seminkyak? Could someone suggest good Restaurant around the Villa pls?

The Villas I will be staying in a 1 bedroom (solo) villa and in one post I saw it said that there were security guards sitting out front of their Villa - this seems odd.. Has anyone experienced that?

Is it far to UBUD from there and Lovina? Plus Candidasa, is that far and would it be worth visiting, is there much there to see on a day trip?

Any information about the Villa or surrounding area would be tremendous..

Thank you so much :)))))

2 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on staying @ Rumah Besar Bali Villas

Hi Carlz

We have not stayed there yet, but will be in October (a 1 Bedroom Villa) on a fact finding mission for our wedding next year. I was recommended it by a work colleague getting married there next month.

I'm guessing you have read the reviews here tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g608486-d190… the map on this page will give you an idea of where it is in relation to Seminyak.

From what I have read previously there are a few restaurants, coffee shops (Bumbak Coffee) and small supermarket close by, i.e. walking distance!

From what I have been able to research it looks like it would be about a 5 to 10min Taxi ride to the top end of JL Pettitenget at the top end of Seminyak. We Stayed at Mayaloka Villas just off of the top end of JL Pettitenget and found it close enough to everything we wanted, So I'm hoping that Villa Besar will be too!

Ubud would be at least an hour away in light traffic. Lovina is at the top end of Bali, not a likely destination for a day trip, more of an overnight-er. Candi Dasa is on the North East Coast (I haven't made it there yet!) and again, a bit too far for a day trip.

Hope this helps.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
211 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on staying @ Rumah Besar Bali Villas

Hi Carlz,

Yes we have stayed at Villa Rumah Besar. It was a couple of years ago though.

We had a fantastic stay there and were not dissappointed at all.

Location wise, it is out a bit from Seminyak.

But that is an advantage as each night you return to the serenity of your own villa.

Taxis are easy to call and get you to where you want to go.

My kids often jumped in one and went to Kuta.

We did find ourselves ordering in food a couple of times, something we hadn't done in Bali before.

It was just more convenient to do this.

I have just found a link, we may try on our next trip, to order food that may be helpful to you.

http://www.hallorestaurants.com/index.html

The villa did have its own security guard.

It is common that villas have this and you should be concerned if the villa you book didn't.

I am sure you will be very happy with your choice and wont want to leave.

J

Edited: 01 July 2014, 03:48
Reply to: Thoughts on staying @ Rumah Besar Bali Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kerobokan