We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumala Pantai

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Kumala Pantai

Kumala Pantai has been recommended to me by a friend. Can anyone give me their opinion???? Planning on staying in May. Want to be sure that rooms and service are all OK and nothing to be wary of..................

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kumala Pantai

The KP has a very good reputation here on the forum, and as a result is booked out well in advance. It has a good beachfront location on the border of Legian and Seminyak. A couple of nice size pools, and the rooms are clean and modern (the bidet in the bathroom in particular is outstanding). It's certainly a good option given the price and location.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kumala Pantai

Hi,

I managed to get a room for a few days in May, but hurry up as it might be pretty near fully booked by now.

Deluxe room rate quoted was 650 000 taxes included with buffet breakfast.

it will be my 6th stay

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kumala Pantai

Ochervet, I have 2 tips for you. Get to breakfast early, and don't sit inside if there are toddlers in there; the acoustics inside makes everything echo really badly. Their plaintive screaming bounces around you and you'll have ringing in your ears for hours afterwards.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kumala Pantai

Hi Noodle,

Glad to have you back.

I made that mistake my first time at KP and since then, unless it rains, I haven not been seen inside for breakfast.

I'm trying to sit as close as possible to the beach. Right where some touts are trying to sell me a 2 days old Australian newspaper for 5 times the price ;)

Early breakfast is not usually my thing but as I'll be at KP for the first 5/6 days of my trip our good friend Jetlag will be more than helpful ;)

Edited: 10 March 2010, 13:08
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kumala Pantai

Noodle,

Are you sure the ringing is only the kids or could it be related to Bintang and / or Arak ?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kumala Pantai

Helenka,

There is nothing to be worried about at KP except getting a room at times.

There is a new wing opened recently where the rooms are the same as the older ones but completely new.

Along with that wing they built a spa. I'm not an expert, but I thought it was ok and the prices are fine.

Breakfast is included, buffet style with a choice of Asian dishes, egg station (cooked to your liking) and everything for a "conventional" fare. Fruits are also available.

Deluxe Rooms have a fridge, which doubles as mini bar, you get 2 glass bottles of water per day, not convenient to carry with you.

The 2 pools are nice and large.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kumala Pantai

Oh, the ringing is much worse if you have an arak headache!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kumala Pantai

It will be great out of Australian school holiday time.

Try for the old wing, it's prettier in my opinion. :) and quieter than the new wing.. B12 is a great room.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kumala Pantai

Thanks for your comments....waiting to hear about availability in May.......hearing all these good things about it now makes me really want to stay there!!!!! .....and thanks for the tips on the rooms....

werribee, victoria
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kumala Pantai

Hi, they have put their prices up quite a bit, not sure if its worth what they are asking

Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations