We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Patterson Lakes...
4 posts
Save Topic
Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Hello, I am travelling to Legian, Bali in July/Aug this year and I am not syaing in a resort that has a gym. Does anyone know of a gym close by to the Legian Village Hotel? I have been to Bali before but at the time wasn't a gym junkie lol so never bothered to notice if there were any gyms close by. I have heard that Padma Resort has a gym that non-guests cas use at a rate?? Does anyone know of this? If I can't get to a gym I may have to just eat, drink and be merry he he - good excuse! Thank you : )

Perth
Level Contributor
170 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Why on earth would anybody in their right mind go on holiday to work out at a gym?

Anyway i'll try not to judge you and will refrain from calling the loony bin

My suggestion would be the Hard Rock Hotel - good gym facilities (from what i saw when I was there, i never used it), people can swim at the Pool for a small charge/free if you dont ask to pay, and the Gym is up the rear of the pool behind the stairs so their should be nothing stopping you from using it

It's not in Legian but is not too far either.

Sydney
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Not me personally, but my partner travels from where we stay in Seminyak to use the Padma Gym - he said it is quite a good one.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

The Gym at Seaside is excellent.

http://www.seasidebali.com/seaside_gym.html

I would contact them though as renovations are happening in the restaurant and it may affect the gym.

There is also Hammerhead , but I must admit despite good intentions many times, I soon gave up on gyms and just go for early morning beach walks/ runs and swim.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Yes non-guests can use the gym at the Padma. There's also a gym at the rear of the Seaside restaurant on the beachfront street at Legian right next door to Kumala Pantai hotel.

Patterson Lakes...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Thank you all very much for your advice. Very helpful! Just can't wait for July now - whoo hoo! Just another quick question in regards to the Padma if you pay to use the gym does this allow access to the pool? Looks devine!

Cheers,

Cassandra : )

Edited: 22 March 2010, 11:27
Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Not sure if you pay for the gym whether that gives you access to the pool. Although most large hotels will let non-guests use their pool for a small fee.

Darwin
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

I'm going to jump on the band wagon here.

I am going to Bali in May, staying at Poppies in Poppies Lane and also at Greenfields in Ubud. Is there any gyms close to these 2 places? I too might have withdrawal symptoms going 2 weeks without a gym session!!

Thanks.

Patterson Lakes...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Well I am glad I am not the only loony around here ha ha. I just can't take 3 weeks off from my training : ( good luck with your gym search.

Edited: 23 March 2010, 05:37
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Quote: Blaqjaq84

"Why on earth would anybody in their right mind go on holiday to work out at a gym?"

Well a lot of people in their right mind actually use the gym when on holiday's. If you're a regular gym goer you wouldn't not go. It's like asking a surfer "why would you surf while holidaying in Bali".

Some people are too busy in their daily lives to even hit the gym, so the chance to get away from it all and get in some good food, excercise and relaxation is what it's all about.

Now, hi Cassandra and other gym goers! :) I realise I'm replying to an old post however thought I would reply for the benefit of all other readers.

The Padma gym and sauna are open to non guests. The rates I can't quote you sorry (forget to check this when I was there last week). However for the one fee you get gym and sauna access. Don't miss the steam sauna!!! I've mentioned this in other posts. Nothing better than completing a nice workout then sitting in the mint oil infused steam sauna for 10 or so minutes. It is so awesome! Refresing, detoxing and invigorating.

Depending on how long you're in Bali and how often you intend on going to the gym you may be able to purchase, for example, a 10 session block which could save you some money.

Cassandra, would love to know how you enjoyed the Padma gym or if you found another. Cheers!! :)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gym in Legian (Or close by?)

Casandra, I would also love to know if you used it religiously for 3 days, then thought , 'stuff it' I'd rather go for an early morning beach run and walk around Bali. :) :):)