We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

1 post
Save Topic
Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

I am taking my 6 year old daughter on her first trip abroad to Bali for 3 weeks in June 2011, and I'm on a budget.

I've been told that the Three Brothers Inn in Legian would suit us (pool, gardens) but reading reviews about no windows, dirty rooms and lumpy beds is not encouraging.

Can anyone update me on the difference between the room types as I was going to book a fan room.

Thanks.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,725 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

don;t book a fan room.

I always need an air con in Bali..... it is hot.

I also have found that the fan rooms are usually the most budget rooms and therefore you may get a lumpy bed, no window etc.

If you are going for a budget hotel, go for the best rooms IMHO.

It ( three bros) was full when i looked through last year....but the grounds were huge and the pool looked nice.

There are plenty of budget hotels around though.

In that area about the same price as 3 brothers.....

Sinar hotel

Suriwathi hotel

Kusnadi hotel

Lumbung sari hotel

Down south a tad....Sorgawi hotel

matahari hotel

Matahari bungalows

Edited: 12 February 2011, 01:50
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

hello o_harra63,

the kusnadi is really nice, room 105 would be great for you and your 6 year old it is right on the pool at the childrens end, i think this would really suit your needs. we have booked that room for sept. traci

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

HI

I can recommend the Sinar Bali. Great budget hotel.

Cheers

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

I've booked a deluxe AC room at 3 brothers for my last 2 nights in Legian. Read all the reviews I could lay my hands on before I decided on room type. From what I read it seems the fan rooms have no glass in the windows so mozzies might be a problem. I've stayed in a fan room elsewhere with wooden shutters & no glass & there wasn't a major problem with mozzies but it depends on how well fitting the shutters are & the location. AC tends to keep the mozzies at bay because the little blighters don't like the cold.

The deluxe AC rooms are 50USD with closed bathroom & 55USD with semi-open bathroom plus 10% tax.

Kusnadi only had standard garden rooms left for my dates & some are small. A superior or deluxe room around the pool would be ideal for you. My friend's daughter loved the children's pool there.

I recently read about Lumbung Sari which is a small hotel behind 3 Brothers, good reviews. I'd probably have booked there but had already confirmed at 3 Brothers.

Another I looked at was Sinar Bali.

5. Re: Mum and 6 year old seeking budget accom in Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations