We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

Can someone recommend a good leather tailor in the Bali Dynasty location ?

Also, stupid question probably, but are leather prices fixed or open to bartering ?

Any info appreciated :-)

Thx

Perth
Level Contributor
339 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

Had some great jackets made by the leather shop at the Dynasty a couple of years ago. Also picked up a great bag.

We negotiated the price.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

Thx for the info, even though it was a couple of years ago - can you remember a rough price ?

Is the tailor within the resort ?

Mount Victoria...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

id like to get an idea of leather boot and dress prices if you have any? and where to go directions wise? thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

We ended up getting our leather in Legian Beach at a shop called Dolphin Leather. Very happy with end result and very clean and professional shop. We had friends who also used this store and went on their recommendations -would definitely go back. I had a jacket made ($130) and my husbands was a little dearer as he is quite tall and broad. Can chase up there contact details if that would help - I know they don't have a website but do have a fax.

Nyack, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

if you are into design and quality, there is one I know in bali. it's in kuta or the name is dis bali fashion

Edited: 27 May 2011, 05:56
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

I have had jackets made at "Bali Joe's" 3 years ago on Kartika Plaza St (heading airport direction from the Dynasty) on the same side of the road as Dynasty & directly opposite the Rani Hotel & Spa (NOT the Bali Rani). They did a nice job - paid about $90 each for standard designs (also had some boots made there).

I have just returned from Bali and had a jacket made for my son - I went to Bali Joes but the jacket tailor was away, so I decided to hazard a new tailor. I went to Sanggar Tailor a couple of shops down Samudra Street off Kartika Plaza St. A bit further along than Bali Joes, past the Ramada Bintang hotel. Samudra Street is also the way to Bakungs Beach cottages (look for their sign).

I paid $120 (starting price $220) and was very impressed! My son did not come to Bali with me - he had given me some drawings, measurements and verbal description (recipe for disaster!). It fitted him perfectly and was faultless! Phew!

Edited: 30 May 2011, 06:01
7. Re: Leather shop recommendation neat Bali Dynasty pls ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Legian