We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Dear Travelllers,

First timers to Bali (my husband and myself in mid 30s).

We would like recommendation on Ramada vs Maharta in Legian.

Duration 7 days, Budget - 150$ +/-

Preference - Beach facing, proximity to the bars - walkable in the night.

Any other suggestions most welcome :)

thanks,

- R

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

The Maharta is a budget hotel and has recently had a restaurant built in the

front obscuring all beach views. The Ramada Camakila is a better choice in my view.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Hi,

I actually like the Maharta. you get a lot of bang for your buck. Rooms are a little smallish but the hotel has quite a lot of swish. The Mozarella Restaurant is especially nice.

Tough choice.

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Ah, Classic deadlock - may i request for more feedback to help me make a decision.

Thanks a ton !

-R

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Can some body suggest:

Hotel Maharta: Standard or Deluxe room

Pros vs Cons

In dilemma,

-R

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Maharta is now managed by the Niksoma

Has had some refurbishment

New website & new prices

http://www.mahartabali.com/

Sorry can't help re room comparison at Maharta

Ramada is more upmarket & modern

Maharta is smaller

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

The Deluxe rooms at the Maharta are larger than their superior rooms, which feel a little cramped.

Cheers.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

We were in Ramada Camakila last Dec. enjoyed out stay, the room was very spacious and clean, with a very big swimming pool in the middle srounded by the rooms, go up to The Tao rooftop bar were you can see the sunset with beautiful sea view, it is also situated along the beach were the Blue Ocean seafood and also many other restaurants are.

At the front of the hotel there are also money changer, restaurants and many shops that sell eveything from bag, shoes and clothes.

The hotel customer 's service was fantastic as well, we left one of our bags behind on the way to the airport, they sent another car to drop it off to us, that was something a good hotel well provide.

Sydney
Level Contributor
447 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

I cannot comment on Maharata, but I have just returned from 6 wonderful nights at the Ramada Camakila. The first room we had was on the 3rd floor in the middle of the resort, it was ok but it didn't have a view. On the second day we were moved to a ground floor pool room which was much nicer, larger and was in a wonderful location - just a couple of steps out of your sliding door and straight into the pool. If I were to stay again I would want to have a room with a pool view. The hotel is in a central location with access to the beach, lovely restaurants and shops. There is also an infinity pool next to the Taro Bar, unfortunately it was under repairs during our stay, but it is now open.

Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

Thanks Guyz for the feedback.

-R

10. Re: Hotel Maharata vs Ramada Camakila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations