We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day in Bali

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day in Bali

Has anyone got any suggestions for a Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas Day lunch in Bali this year. I am staying the Legian Seminyak area. Its for myself and my two sons..

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Hi!

Depending on where you are staying there may be a compulsory dinner on Christmas Eve or a lunch or dinner on Christmas Day. A lot of hotels levy this compulsory stuff, so check your travel documents. Otherwise, if you arrive a few days before, you will notice most restaurants have special menus on both days, and the hotels have wonderful spreads as well! You will be spoilt for choice!!

Hotels will have Christmas trees and decorations and Father Christmas usually makes an appearance at one of the meals!

Enjoy your time!

wendy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Thank you so much for your advice I appreciate it.

Can you tell me which hotel you think is best for value and for teenage boys... I really want a gym and they really need a good pool or two... :-)

perth
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

We love the bali garden. Beach front, great pool area, swim up bar, fantastic location, rooms ok, small gym, great food...,a family room has king bed, bunk bed with bundle underneath. we had Xmas in Bali last year and ate the lunch at hotel (kuta townhouses). It was ok. Goin again this year and will venture out to a restaurant . Will book though as some of the popular rests get busy.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

we are staying over the Christmas period as well. We are staying at the Padma. Our first time at the Padma. There will also be 3 of us, My wife, myself and 12 year old. We normally stay at the Bali Dynasty, but this time they did noit have any availability. However the Padma looks really nice and all reports are really positive. They have a compolsury NYE dinner, but no Christmas Eve or Christmas day. We were probably going to go to Kori, we are regualars there and always have a great feed and the staff are wonderful. Might even be able to catch up while we are there.

David & Mona

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Hey thanks for that suggestion. We will be staying at a villa in Seminyak from 26th and either the Pullman or Bali Nicsoma. I have heard the Padma is great too you will have a ball. Keep in touch on line I have 11 + 15 with me so will be looking for friendly faces to save me.

Lesa

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Hi!

The Padma, when we last stayed there over Christmas had a magnificent Christmas Eve Buffet Dinner and Entertainment which included Balinese Dance and Music! It was a fantastic evening and well worth the money. I cannot remember how much, but not over the top! The staff at the Padma go all out for the guests over Christmas!

wendy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Fantastic will look into that sounds just perfect.

Hope they take non-house guests.

Ta

Lesa

x

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

I did reply to your pm but you may not have got it.

Hi lesa,

there are a number of places that serve a roast dinner with turkey and pork if you want an Australian type meal for Christmas. Most of them are in Garlic Lane like the Beach Shack. Indo National . I like something a little more special and usually look for a place with a special menu. or on the beach. Try Ultimo, Chandi, Rumours, Gado Gado, Lanai , SEaside, Zanzibar.

The hotels in gyms are useless. You get a treadmill, some free weights and a couple of old weight machines. The best exercise is an early morning run or walk on the beach. :)

If you do want a gym, try Seaside. Theirs is ok.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Hi LesaJ

Yes, non house guests are able to participate, however you will have to visit hotel and make reservation.

wendy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Day in Bali

Thanks so much

I have heard of the Seaside Gym.

Appreciate your advice,

Personally I cant think of anything worse than a hot turkey in Bali for Christmas dinner but I know my kids will want some kind of entertainment.... might end up being me and a Gado Gado.

cheers

Lx