We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Hi

Could someone please advise where is the closest shop near Padma Bali resort ,to purchase a sim card for iphone 4. Just in case i have to return for tech support. We are staying at Padma from this Friday.

Thanks

UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Windy Sun Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Rip Curl School Of Surf
Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Could try Jimmy's mobile,opposite Puri Raja hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Thanks SydneyOldBoy,

How far is Jimmy's from Padma?

Walking distance of taxi?

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

There is a couple of small booths along Jalan Padma Utara where you can get a sim, just look out for the glass cabinet full of phone gear .But they are 3 times the original price , but they will set your phone up for you and give you the codes to use to call home . I just got back and used an Indosat sim and got unlimited facebook , making it dirt cheap to keep in contact with family and friends .

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Come out of Padma main entrance, turn left and 1st street on left (Jalan Padma Utara) Posers Bar/Restaurant is on the corner, walk about 5 mins through 2 dog leg bends in the road. Jimmy's is on right hand side just passed entrance to Melasti Hotel and opposite Puri Raja Hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Thanks for the advice.

Just got 5 Sampati sim cards for family. 50,000 each with data including 5000 credit. They set it all up and work well.

Australia
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Hey guys,

can you get Ipad sim cards also?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

You dont need ipad sim card.

Just bring your existing sim card and it will pick up Free WiFi.

I brought my optus sim card to Bali and it worked well.

So as the Sampati sim card on iphone, it also picked up the free WiFi

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Do understand that operating a device such as this equipped with a foreign SIM may accrue staggering network charges from your home service provider, arising from data roaming charges.

Any incoming or outgoing telephone calls made using the (home) SIM whilst outside your home country are also likely give rise to some surprisingly expensive billings.

It is best to either turn that data feature off, remove the (home) SIM, or put in a local SIM whilst in Indonesia. This will not effect your WiFi connectivity.

Use a local SIM for telephone (voice) calls and SMS.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

so do we turn off data roaming and put in a local sim card for SMS, facebook & MMS? & also the charges will be on the next bill?

What shops are near Rama Beach in Tuban?

Australia
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sim Card for iphone near Padma Bali Resort

Hey guys,

I was hoping to just get a prepaid Sim card for the Ipad so I do not have to worry about WiFi. When I have been to South America and Europe I have found it much easier to purchase a pre paid sim for my ipad so I can sit in my room and easily surf the web...otherwise it is a hassle to go somewhere for wireless when i could be at the pool bar!!!!

thanks guys

Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations