We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

I have a few beach ladies that I have become very close to and keep in contact with, I need some ideas as gifts to take them in july, any help would be appreciated, traci

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

Hi Traci,

They always appreiciate anything for their businesses, like foot scrubs, emery boards etc.

I know they are cheap over there but the ladies i always see, make a biggggg point in saying this cream is from australia... and my friends bought these from australia...

They love our clothes too.... second hand is fine, but cheap tshirts from kmart... they just love them... again i know they are cheap from there but they love anything australian.

hope this helps.

Donnybrook
Level Contributor
232 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

If they are the fingernail painting girls I would take a heap of nail polishes.

Or I would buy luxuries they can't afford like nice body moisturisers, nice shampoo and conditioners.

Or ask them what they need at home and take them shopping it could be a large saucepan or sheets etc. Things we consider simple but could make a huge impact on their daily lives.

Sorry Im not much more help

Tamara

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

Reusable bags, they are always after bags to cart everything around in. One even begged me for my duty free bag one day that I was using to carts some bits and pieces around in. She thought she was the beez kneez.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

I always found they loved nail polishes, especially "the out there" colours!!

They might also appreciate bras in good condition, they are an expensive "luxury" for some ladies.

A pullover/cardigan/windcheater, believe it or not, they are appreciated, especially by those whose "home village" is in the mountains and they help keep them warm on their motor bike ride to/from their village.

Those little bins of polishes out for $2, have some great colours!

wendy

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

Ooh!

Be careful and discrete when distributing your gifts so as not to arouse "jealousy" amongst non recipients!

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

thanks everyone, yes they are nail ladies, I have already got nail polish, soaps, shampoo and conditioner, last year I took all my thongs when I left so I will take some for them. clothes is hard as I dont know there sizes. I have 3 bags of clothes for my drivers children that I got on special from kmart clearance, any more ideas as I am new at this, but are enjoying buying gifts for these special people. traci

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

yes wendybushellP,I will keep that in mind I actually had thought of that, traci

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

I have bought a couple of very cheap and light little backpacks from the local $2 store - they have the aussie flag on them. Light to carry over, and good for packing their stuff in.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

Bra's. We take heaps over. My wife is a big Vinnies browser so gets heaps of them from there.

Pearl Beach...
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: what to buy beach ladies as gifts????

I always go to the Op Shop (Salvos, St Vincent De Paul etc) and just sort through everything and just choose those clothes that I would consider wearing myself. In that way, you are more discriminating.

Size 10, 12 and 14 would cover all the beach ladies. I brought over some gloves which they loved (the young ones wear them on motorbikes to stop tanning). Baby's and childrens' clothes and good quality toys are also available at Op Shops and are appreciated here. These op shops often have a day of half price or $1 bargains.

You will be surprised what you will find....